Enduring in the name of Jesus

Day 13

Everyone will hate you because you are committed to me. But the person who endures to the end will be saved.
Mark 13:13 GW

Having a deep relationship with Jesus means trial, suffering for the sake of His name, and many other things. Jesus says, "Everyone will hate you because you are committed to me."
Jesus shares the part that a lot of us don't like to talk about. Its all apart of serving Jesus. Jesus was Himself criticized, tested and tempted but He remained committed to God.

"For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin."
— Hebrews 4:15 (KJV)

Our High Priest went through so many things, andyet in the midst of it all, He never sinned. Jesus chose to live above thetrials, the temptations and the pain of being the sacrificial lamb.

 "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved."

— Mark 13:13 (KJV)

The Greek word for endure according the Strong's concordance is hypomeno.
It means : to undergo, to bear trials, to have fortitude, to persevere and to abide.
So let's replace endure with anyone of these words.

Jesus tells us what we need to do in order to survive. We need to bear the trials, to persevere and to abide. I love the word abide. To abide means : To bear patiently. It also means to wait. And my favorite meaning is: To continue.
To abide is to have the attitude of continuity in Jesus. Trials can make us slack in the things of God. But Jesus tells us to endure.

 "It's going to be brother killing brother, father killing child, children killing parents. There's no telling who will hate you because of me. "Stay with it—that's what is required. Stay with it to the end. You won't be sorry; you'll be saved.

Mark 13:12-13 MSG

My favorite part of the message Bible is the very last part of the Scripture.
"Stay with it to the end. You won't be sorry; you'll be saved."
 We won't regret suffering for Jesus. We won't regret bearing the trials patiently until the end.
What do we benefit when all of these things happen? The bible says, "You'll be saved."

But the Lord is faithful; he will strengthen you and guard you from the evil one.
2 Thessalonians 3:3 NLT

As we patiently endure, let's have confidence thatJesus is guarding us from the evil one. He is the faithful Lord.

Prayer

In the name of Jesus, Heavenly Father we thankyou. We magnify you and glorify your name. Be to us our peace. Be to us ourcomfort. Be to us our every present help in times of need. Thank you forshowing us the way. We ask you to strengthen us as we endure in our trials andtribulations. This we ask in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.