III. The Fight

- CHAPTER THREE -

- CHAPTER THREE -

The five teens stood with the kegger on the boneyard, handing out free cups of beer to the oncoming teens. The crowed was growing, all teens were pumped up from the free beer they got, even the Kooks.

Charlie's eyes widened as he saw the Kooks coming, some of them being his 'friends'. "Shit, Kie, the Kooks are coming too. They can't see me here with you guys or else they'll tell my dad and—"

"Hey, sh, sh, sh. It's gonna be okay, Char, just stay with me and do like you're not friends with the rest, okay?" Kiara took Charlie's hand, calming him down by just a touch.

"Okay, okay." Charlie breathed in and out slowly, trying to calm his beating heart. Looking over at everyone he saw a few Kooks which made him calmer, but it was still early of course. "Looks like JJ's enjoying himself over there."

Kiara looked over to where JJ was and shook her head in amusement. The boy was chugging beer, flirting with girls and jumping from one place to another. "Typical, JJ."

Charlie laughed, glancing at Kiara. "You enjoying yourself." The girl nodded, bobbing her head at the music that was playing.

"Hey. I wanted to talk about your...nightmares." The brown eyed girl began, giving the boy a serious look. "Why didn't you tell us you still had them."

Charlie sighed, looking down at his cup of Cola and pursed his lips. "Well, I thought it wasn't important." The boy shrugged. "And it isn't important, Kie. They're just stupid nightmares."

"They're not just stupid nightmares, if you wake up in the middle of the night all sweaty and are so close to having a panic attack." Kiara argued, standing closer to him and grabbing his right hand. "I know it's about your mom, Char. You can tell me anything, you know."

Tears glazed the boys eyes threatening to fall, he locked his jaw. "She used to soothe me when I had a nightmare. She would run her fingers through my hair and tell me the same story every time, The Dog and The Elephant." He huffed a laugh. "And now, I have nightmares about her being mad at me and telling me it's my fault she ran away, without her there to reassure me that she won't ever leave me and that it's just a stupid nightmare." Tears were now running down his cheeks, his voice quivering.

Kiara looked at her best friends with tears in her eyes and hugged him, careful to not hurt his arm. Rubbing circles on his back. "Well, if you have another stupid nightmare, call me, text me or even come over. Just tell me if something bothers you, I'm here for you and so is the rest of the group."

Charlie nodded his head and looked at Kiara with red eyes. "Can I have a beer, now?"

Kiara laughed and shook her head. "No, you dork. Still too young."

"It was worth a shot."

"Come on, let's go and see what the John B is doing." Kiara put her hand out for him to take, which he did, locking their fingers.