XI. The Royal Merchant

- CHAPTER ELEVEN -

- CHAPTER ELEVEN -

After all the chaos that they've been through that day, the Pogues decided that they really could stuff something in their belly's after not having eating the whole day. Kie suggested that they could come over to her parents restaurant and that she would convince her parents into letting them eat for free. So now the teens arrived at the Carrera's restaurant.

"Stealing drones makes you hungry." Kie sighed.

"You sure your parents won't mind us eating here for free? I could pay you know." Charlie nervously said to the girl next to him.

Kie turned towards the nervous boy and gave him a smile before grabbing his hand and looking in his eyes. "Char, you don't need to pay, okay? Now, shut up and let's go inside to eat the delicious food for free."

"Yes, ma'am."

Kie and Charlie were the first to walk through the restaurants doors as the other boys waited a bit by the door.

"Hey, Mr Carrera." Charlie greeted the man politely and got a nod in return.

"Hey, dad." Kie smiled a big smile at her father who greeted her back. "How'd we do?"

"Didn't turn it over once."

"It's probably just bad luck because of the storm." Kie tensely said as she gave her father a hug. Behind her the boys finally walked inside fully and went over to take a seat somewhere.

"Yeah, I'll be sure to tell the banks that."

"Guess now is not the best time to ask for free food for me and my friends?" Kiara asked sheepishly as she let go of the hug and smiled widely at her dad.

Mr Carrera sighed and turned to the three boys. "Look at them. All of them looking like some homeless dudes looking for food, the only decent one is Charlie, at least he's not looking at my customers food like the rest." The man turned back toward Kiara with a scolding look. "I told you to stop hanging around them."

"I could pay for it, sir, please just let us eat something we really are hungry." Charlie tried to plead which just got him a slap on the arm from Kie.

"Well, everybody at the Kook Academy hates me, dad."

"Cause you never give them a chance, Kie."

"I did give them a chance, else Char wouldn't off been here." Kie pointed to the tense boy besides her and grabbed a hold of his sweaty hand to ease his tense state. "The rest of them got stuck up. they care more about shoes than surfing. What am I supposed to do with that?"

Kie looked behind her at the boys. "These are my friends, dad. JJ, John B and Pope, they are my real friends who aren't stuck up."

Char smiled softly at Kie and her words before frowning when she didn't say his name.