XX. A Not So Perfect Day

- CHAPTER TWENTY - 

- CHAPTER TWENTY - 

What Charlie believed was the perfect day, ended with his best-friend crying, while having bruises all over his body, because of his abusive-ass of a father. Not so a perfect day after all apparently. But after consoling his friend and getting a good night sleep and already laughing again with his friends, the boy thought maybe this day would be better than the day before...

That was until John B came walking up with an empty look on his face. JJ called the boy out but, the Routledge-boy gave no sign of hearing him and just kept on walking at a fast pace towards the house.

The four shared a worried look with each other when John B jogged into the house completely ignoring them. They all jumped up and quickly followed after the boy, all kinds of questions racing through their mind.

Charlie was the first one inside, watching as his best-friend made a whole mess of his house, as if trying to search for things. "Hey! John, what's up?" The boy softly placed a hand on his friend's shoulder that, within seconds, was swiped away by the Routledge-boy who placed the gun that he was looking for right in between Charlie's eyes.

Gasps ran throughout the house at the action. Charlie held up his hands and kept looking at gun and back at John B, who looked panicked and on guard.

"Hey! What the fuck, John B!" JJ shouted as he went and pushed the gun away from Charlie's face and stood in between the two, looking at John B as if he had lost his mind. "John B! Have you lost your mind, man! Why did you point the gun at Char?"

John B's eyes widened and realization of what he just had done dawned on him. "Oh, fuck. Oh my God, Char... I didn't mean to. Fuck!" He dropped his hand and looked at Charlie who avoided his gaze completely. The young boy made his way over to Kiara, who had tears running down her face. Once the boy reached her, she quickly took him in for a hug.

"Shit, man. What's going on?" Pope asked the Routledge boy who looked as if he was going insane. "Why do you need the gun?"

"I've got to go." As if snapping back into his state of before, John B quickly ran out of the house, pushing his way through JJ and Pope who tried to hold him back. He gave one look in Charlie's direction and left the house.

"John B, what the hell!" Kiara shouted after him.

The four quickly followed after and watched as John B jumped onto JJ's bike, he gave one look back at them and shouted, "Ward knows about the gold! He killed my father!" With that he revved the bike and drove off.

The four Pogues stood outside utterly shocked. Charlie, who was petrified of before, was now horrified of the new information he received. His father killed John B's dad, what the fuck.

And again he thought wrong, this day is even worse than yesterday.

§|||§