V. Forgiveness

- CHAPTER FIVE -

- CHAPTER FIVE -

A rooster's cackling was heard early in the morning outside of The Château.

"Look, for nine months, they tried to get me to believe my dad's dead."

John B was sitting in his hammock outside of the fishers hut, looking at the compass of his father that they found the day before.

"They say I'm in denial. Whatever. Denial's underrated. You should try it sometime. It's highly effective and it's only denial if you're wrong."

Later the dirty-blonde haired boy fared across the Marsh on his boat, still thinking about this compass.

"It doesn't make any sense. My dad is the last guy who would ever get lost at sea. This compass coming back to me, my father's compass, which was passed down for generations, it's a sign. My dad's still alive and I'm gonna find him."

John B fared a little bit further until stopping his boat at the bigger boat of the Cameron's. Walking silently with the scuba gear in his hands, he entered the boat to put the scuba gear back were it belonged.

Once entering he saw the sleeping figures of Sarah and Charles Cameron, both siblings cuddled up with each other. John B smiled softly at the sight, happy that his best friend is sleeping peacefully for once.

Trying to be as silent as possible, John B slowly stepped further, stopping as he saw Sarah move her hand to her face, rubbing her eyes.

Sarah groaned, eyes still closed and exclaimed, "Wheezie, shut up." She let her hand fall on Charlie's head and run her fingers through his hair softly.

Seeing as her eyes were still closed, the Routledge boy took this chance to walk further. As walked the metal of the gear clanged loudly, making Sarah gasp awake.

She lifted her head up, careful to not wake Charlie's up, and put her hand on her head. "God. You're not Wheezie." She stated, looking very confused at the Pogue.

"Correct. Yeah." Sighed John B accepting that he's caught.

Sarah let her head fall again and sighed, before looking over at Charlie's again and back at John B. "You're lucky you didn't wake him up with that clang."

John B smiled at her sheepishly. "I'm sorry."

The blonde girl closed her eyes in annoyance and placed a hand on her head. "What are you doing here?"

"Uh... I'm just dropping off some scuba gear."

Sarah slowly lifted Charlie's head of her chest, the boy mumbled something, which made the girl stop her actions for a second, but she continued after and sat upright.

"What are—what are you doing... here?" The boy asked carefully.

Sarah pulled out her bottom lip and shook her head slightly. "It's our boat." She stated loud and clear, looking at the boy as it was obvious. "It's also the only place with air conditioning. I decided that I should come here and take Charlie with me because he just had a nightmare again."