XIX. Hot Tub

- CHAPTER NINETEEN -

Everything is a mess right now, a big mess. Charlie thought that everything would go smooth after the girls got along, but apparently not. JJ's gone to God knows where and because of him they all probably got a target on their backs right now. So to put it short, everything has gone to shit.

The Pogues – minus JJ – sat inside the Wreck all of them in a bad mood of what happened previously. No body had said a word until—

"Look, he'll come around, all right? It's—he's doing a JJ thing." John B tried to reassure everyone and himself.

"Right." Charlie sighed out leaning his head on Kie's shoulder.

Kiara – who looked very much out of it – asked, "You think he'll go home?"

"There's about a zero percent chance that JJ goes home." Pope stated.

Charlie lifted his head and nodded at Pope's statement. "Yeah, you're right. Knowing JJ he's probably of doing stupid shit with the money he stole."

"Emphasis on stole." John B uttered, standing up from his seat about to begin a speech or something. "He shouldn't have stolen that drug dealer's money, because now we all have a stupid target on our backs and everyone knows that you shouldn't fuck with dealers. It common sense, for fucks sake."

Everyone stayed silent, all of them thinking about everything. Charlie scoffed in himself, he couldn't believe the mess that they are in right now, right after finding the gold. "You know, I'm starting to think that the gold's bad luck. I mean first those two crazy fuckers who tried to kill us, then Mrs Crain who tried to put holes in us with her shotgun, then getting robbed and now JJ gone." He looked around to see the others their reactions and very carefully brought his last sentence. "Maybe we should just...leave it be."

"Leave what be?" John B frowned, already seeing where this was going and not liking it.

Charlie cleared his throat and didn't dare meet anyone's eyes. "You know... leave the gold be and... go on with our lives, you know." Everyone scoffed loudly all of them disappointed that that came out of Charlie's mouth of all people. "It—it's just a suggestion. I just don't want that something happens to us, I don't want to see someone die because of this stupid gold."

John B scoffed and shook his head. "Easy for you to say 'leave the gold', not everyone has daddy's money to keep them fed and nurtured for the rest of their lives."

Charlie stood up from his place not liking John B's words. "Hey, I'm just suggesting, okay? I just know for a fact that this is going to end bad, maybe with one of us killed."

"You know that for a fact, huh?" John B stood face to face with Charlie now, both of them frowning at the other.

"I agree with him." Sarah uttered, Charlie looked at her appreciatingly. "We could die."