XVIII. Pawn

- CHAPTER EIGHTEEN -

"This shit is fucking fantastic!" Charlie exclaimed for the 10th time already, taking another hit of the joint he himself rolled up which he's quite proud of.

Kie rolled her eyes and looked at the boy with a raised eyebrow. "Alright, we get it Char, you've rolled a good joint. Now stop talking we're busy." Her eyes left the boy and went back to explaining the drawing, of the well she's holding in her hands, to Sarah. "He said it looked something like this."

"So..."

"That's 50 feet down," Kie trailed her hand down on the drawing. "and they're using 100-feet rope. So I guess this little wagon will go...straight to the gold room."

"Who drew this?" Sarah chuckled out shaking her head at the drawing.

"That stoned kid over there." Kie laughed as she looked at her boyfriend who looked high out of his mind.

Sarah laughed harder and shook her head at the boy when he gave her a confused look. "Well, he was never one to be creative."

"Kie! This better work." JJ walked towards them with the gold in his hands. "We can't pawn this if there's a giant wheat symbol on it."

"Did somebody say weed?" Charlie came crawling forth with a goofy smile on his face which seemed to brighten even more once he saw JJ. "JJ! Where have you been? I've missed you dude."

"I've only been gone for a minute Char, but yeah I've missed you too I guess." JJ laughed and looked at Kie. "Is he high right now? And you didn't even stop him, Kie?"

"He was so excited that he rolled his first joint correctly, I didn't want to ruin his mood." Kie defended herself.

JJ squinted his eyes and held his fingers up as a gun in front of the girl. "Who are you and what've you done with Kiara?"

Kiara rolled her eyes and swatted the boy's hands away. "Haha, JJ, and for your wheat problem—no not that sort of weed Char—I think I've got a solution." The girl felt beside her and grabbed a burner. "We're gonna burn this shit."

"Yeah!" Charlie exclaimed with his hands stretched out and a wide smile filling his face. The three around him let out a big sigh and shook their heads at the boy.

Kie and Sarah stood up grabbed the gold and turned back to JJ. "We'll burn it, please watch Charlie will you."

"What?! Why do I always gotta babysit?!"

"Because you're good with keeping him busy."

Sarah turned back around with thumbs up. "Have fun!"

JJ groaned and flipped the both of them off. Once he couldn't see them anymore he went into the van and sat next to the high-out-of-his-mind boy. "Can I get a hit of that?" The blonde pointed towards the joint.