X. The drone

- CHAPTER TEN -

- CHAPTER TEN -

The next day Charlie and his friends were chilling on the marsh. They've taking a sort of short break from all the chaos they've wiggled themselves in. While John B was the one peacefully driving, he was still fighting the sadness that was slowly fading from the night before.

"You guys see that?" JJ questioned. The group turned their heads towards the direction that JJ pointed out. "That's the Malibu 24-MXZ, the world's finest wakesetter. Number one in luxury, quality, and performance."

"200k, easily."

"We picked the wrong parents."

"No you didn't. I love Mr Heyward."

"I hate to break it to you guys, but that's Topper and his girlfriend." Kie commented.

Charlie squinted his eyes a bit at the two people that stood behind the wheel, and he came to a conclusion that it were indeed his sister and her boyfriend, Topper. "I may have forgiven Topper, but I still hate how my sister will just continue to stand by his side so easily."

When Topper and Sarah came closer, Sarah put her glasses on top of her head, gave them a glance and a smile in Charlie's direction, before just completely ignoring them.

"You don't have to act like you don't see us, bitch." Kie shouted loudly, making sure the blonde-girl had heard her loud and clear. "You're stupid for taking Topper's side, while he was the one who almost murdered your brother and John B."

Charlie stood up from his place and sat down next to Kie, putting his arm around her quickly, before looking at her with a scolding look. "You didn't have to be so harsh towards her, you know, I told you I've given Topper a second chance."

"Well, that doesn't mean I've forgiven him, does it." She shook his arm of off her, stood up and went over to sit next to JJ, a pist of look grazing her features.

The Pogues drove further away into the Marsh, trying to relax the rest of the way.

§|||§

The teens were sat in John B's van as John B parked it. After chilling for a couple hours it was time again to solve the riddles and find the gold. Charlie found it so exiting that he almost jumped out of the van while it was still driving, he finally would go on his first real adventure without being sick or having a dislocated shoulder.

When the van came to a stop Kiara let go of the hyper boy, who immediately jumped out of the van with a big smile on his face. "Come on, guys."

JJ turned to his friends and smirked at them, while slowly taking his gun out "All right, keep a look out."

"Yo, come on, man. Just put that back." John B sighed loudly and gave the blonde boy a disapproving look.

"Why put it back, when it could be useful? What if we get attacked by someone or something in there, huh? I say take it with you, JJ." Charlie nodded his head agreeing with himself, before wincing as Kiara had hit him on the head, hard. "Ouch."