Chapter 2

---Kasumi---

It was nightfall by the time Deidara and Gaara began fighting. 

I didn't want to watch the battle. I mean yeah I knew that Deidara would win but... still.. I know how Naruto is close to Gaara now...

UGH! I thought as I ran my fingers through my hair. Why do they always have to pop up in my mind!? Why can't everyone I use to know just disappear?! I hate this!

"What's wrong with you?" asked Sasori with annoyed tone to his deep voice.

I snapped my head around, sending him a glare.

"He's taking ages! I'm so bored! I mean what the hell? And how come you’re not annoyed? You hate being kept waiting."

He grunted.

"I am annoyed. I just don't show my emotions like you do."

I stuck my tongue out at him.

"Eh! Well screw you then! I'm going to sleep, so you can wake me when Deidara's done!" I said pouting.

He merely grunted in response. 

I just sighed. Dam Sasori! And dam bad dreams! I barely got any sleep last night! I thought as I lay down on the sand looking at the stars.

Huh. I remember when I use to do this with Kiba.. Things were different then.. I thought before drifting off to sleep.

"Oii get up." I heard someone say as I felt them kick me.

I drew my kunai and had it and their throat but it was deflected by Sasori's tail.

"Oh it's you Sasori." I said simply.

"He's done." he said.

I looked over at the Sand Village to find Gaara falling in the sky. I narrowed my eyes. Is he still alive? I thought as Deidara's bird caught him in his tail. 

"Bout time," I said to Sasori. 

"Well I've cleared my mission," said Deidara as he landed next to us.

"You’re late," snarled Sasori getting mad. "I told you don't keep me waiting!" he yelled as he swung his tail at Deidara, but he ducked before it hit him.

"Aren't we grumpy?" said Deidara. "This one was rather strong you know, yeah."

"Yes. Perhaps next time you'll listen to me," growled Sasori.

"Everything ready here?" he asked ignoring Sasori's last comment.

"Well of course it is. I had plenty of time to see to it. Unlike you I know what I'm doing." Sasori said annoyed. 

"Oh come on guys!" I said as I started walking. "It's done now, let's just go so we don't keep everyone else waiting." 

"Hm." said Deidara as he jumped of his bird and fell into step with me. 

Sasori just grunted and began walking too.

"Although," I said to Deidara as he put his arm around my shoulders, "It did take you a while to get that done."

"Oh not you too?" he said rolling his eyes.

I giggled.

"And you kinda lost an arm..." I said he just looked at it before shrugging.

"I guess it was necessary, yeah."

I laughed.

"Whatever, I'll forgive you."