Chapter 16

---Kasumi---

It's been 10 months since I completed my mission, 10 months since the Jubi had been destroyed and ten months since my father had died. 

I guess if I was being honest, I'd tell you that I haven't got over my father’s death. In fact, part of me still feels like this is all a dream. Even if I know it's not. 

After that fateful day, I guess you could say that a lot has happened. 

I've made my way around the countries to apologize to everyone and to all the villages. 

I literally got on my knees and begged for forgiveness. I felt like I had to. But for some reason, they all forgave me. They all told me that they owe me and thanked me. 

This is something I've never understood. I've killed their people, destroyed villages and yet, they forgave me. 

It's not that I'm not grateful, it's just... I don't believe I deserve it.

I mean after everything, I wasn't even the one to die... it was my dad. 

I let a tear slip down my face as I looked down at my new born son.

He was only a month old, he had my crystal blue eyes and blonde hair.

Yes blonde hair.

We had decided to name him Hikaru. 

I couldn't help but smile. 

He was so cute. He was my first born son and I love him. But I noticed Kiba had been acting weird lately. 

I knew why. It's because Hikaru's hair has begun growing and it's blonde. 

I don't have blonde hair. Kiba doesn't have blonde hair. So why would-

Knock knock.

I turned my head round to see Kiba standing in the door way. 

"Kasumi." he said without looking at me in the eyes. "Can we talk?"

I knew what that meant. 

"Sure." I said as I began making my way to the door.

"Akamaru can you watch Hikaru?" asked Kiba as I got outside the room.

He gave a quiet bark in reply since Hikaru was asleep and he walked into the room. 

"Let's talk somewhere more private." said Kiba as he disappeared into a poof of smoke. 

I took a deep breath and I too, disappeared into a poof of smoke.

I appeared in our spot. Kiba was standing a few meters away from me and he had a sad look on his face. 

I knew what was coming.

"Kasumi." he said as he looked up, causing us to lock eyes. 

I could see the fear in his eyes, the fear of finding out, that Hikau isn't his son. 

"Yeah, Kiba?" 

"Do...do you love me?"

I was shocked by his question. I thought he was going to ask me why the hell Hikaru had blonde hair.

"W-what do you mean?" I asked, almost anger in my voice. "Of course I love you! Why do you think I went through all that!? Why do you think I went on that mission!? Why-"