Chapter 14

---Kasumi---

I woke up, feeling warm arms wrapped around me. I opened my eyes and looked up to find a sleeping Deidara. 

I couldn't help but smile. He looks so cute.

But things still don't feel right. I don't know what it was but everything just didn't feel perfect. I mean it's not like he's bad or anything, he was amazing but.. I just don't know. 

---Kiba---

I just sat here, in our spot, thinking.

I don't really know how to feel. I mean she...she escaped with him.

Deidara.

He was the one,. the one who Kasumi fell for. 

How...how could she do that? She... she told me she loved me and that we'd always be together but now... I... I don't know. 

I mean I feel like I still love Kasumi but ... I don't know how to feel.

I mean she's challenged Naruto to a one on one battle today. It's not that I don't believe in Naruto it's..it's just that I know how powerful Kasumi is and-

"Your Kiba Inuzuka are you not?" said a voice behind me.

I turned to see an old woman. How did she get there? I didn't even sense her!

"Who are you?" I asked as I stood up with Akamaru at my side. 

She gave a small smile and waved her hand down.

"Calm down boy," she said. "I just wanted to talk to you."

I watched her cautiously as she took a seat on the ground.

Who the hell is this lady? I thought as I sat back down but still a distance away from her. What does she want? And how does she even know my name?

"You partners name, is Akamaru is it not?" she asked studying him. 

Ok this is weird. She know's Akamaru's name too.

"Um yeah.." I said awkwardly. 

I turned to Akamaru and he gave me a reassuring bark, saying that she wasn't a spy or anything and we could trust her. 

"Who are you?" I asked. "And how do you know mine and my partner’s name?"

She gave a small chuckle before looking at me.

"Kasumi told me."

I froze as soon as she said her name.

Who..who is this woman? She knows Kasumi? What does this mean?

She gave a little laugh at me reaction before she spoke again. 

"My names Chika." she said. 

"And how do you know Kasumi?" I asked now interested in this woman. 

"I suppose I better tell you the story then," she said. "It was quite a few years ago. You see I was just on my way home from the store when I bumped into her. She was very happy and apologetic since she made me drop my things. 

"I said it was fine but she insisted she carry my things home for me so I let her. She was a very kind a beautiful girl. She managed to get me to tell her about my life.

"You see I use to be a medical ninja back in the day. I was nothing special but still. Anyway I was put on an S ranked mission with my boy Takashi."