Saving The Kidnapped

Chapter 9: Saving the kidnapped

Warnings: Bruises, burns, cuts, kidnapping, stupidity, arresting, crying, panicking

Spot, Davey and Sniper walked up to the door of Mark's house. Spot knocked on the door and took a step backwards. The door flung open and a tall man with green eyes stood in the doorway. "Let me take this one" Smalls whispered to Spot who nodded. "Hey, are you Mark Higgins?" She asked him.

"Yes, now what do you want?" Mark answered, annoyed.

"I believe we lost our Newsies leader Francis Sullivan" She started and Spot looked at her, confused. "You don't happen to know where he is, do you?" 

Spot seemed to catch on to what Smalls was doing. "He betrayed Manhattan and Brooklyn so we want our revenge" he said and Smalls looked at him with a look of gratefullness.

"I do in fact know where he is. If you're searching for revenge, I can give you the chance" Mark said and smirked...

With Race, Smalls and Skittery
"Why would someone tint their basement windows?" Smalls asked, clearly annoyed as they were trying to look inside of the basement.

"Because they're holding someone hostage in there" Skittery answered. Race chuckled a bit. "What's so funny, Higgins?"

"For being a kidnapper, he's not so smart, he have handles for the windows on the outside" he answered with a chuckle.

"Guess we have a really easy way to get inside" Smalls said and chuckled. Skittery opened the window and they climbed inside. They immediately heard muffled sounds and saw Jack. He was bruised, burnt and barely conscious. Race ran up to him and took the tape off his mouth.

"Jack, what did he do to you?" Skittery asked, panicked. Race fell to the floor as he realised what Jack had went through. Smalls ran to Race. In that moment, the door opened, Mark and the Newsies came inside. Smalls took Race's phone and texted Blase. 

Skittery, Spot, Davey and Sniper spread out in a circle around Mark and all of them smirked.
(except for Davey, he wasn't able to look as threatening as the others so he gave up and smiled instead)

Blase and the two other cops came into the room and joined the circle as well as Race and Smalls. "In case you ain't figured it out, we've got you surrounded" Spot said. "You can take him now and make sure you don't let him go anywhere he isn't supposed to"

Blase nodded and put Mark in handcuffs before they took him out. "Can you get me out of here?" Jack asked weakly.

"Yeah" Race said as he quickly got Jack untied and tried to lift him up but wasn't able to. "Spot" Race called and looked at his boyfriend. 

"Yeah, I'll carry him" he said and took Jack.

Back at home
The boys walked into Jack's room and laid him on the bed, Davey went to get Specs and together they were treating the injuries. Jack was in a lot of pain and he now understood what Race had been through. "Race, I am so sorry that this is what you went through when you were younger, all of those burns and hitting and everything, you really don't deserve it, no one does" he said through tears, Race carefully hugged Jack as tears fell from his eyes.

"You know, I don't think any of us should go outside alone anymore. First Race got beaten and now Jack got kidnapped, all by the same person" Albert said from where he stood in the doorway.

"Maybe not, but he's in jail now so he can't harm us anymore" Spot said and looked at, Race who looked at Jack with sad eyes.

"I'm okay Racer, you're okay, we're all okay, everything's fine" Jack said as he looked into his bright blue eyes.

"You lit-" Race started but cut off by his phone ringing, it was Blase. "What's up Blase?" Race asked, nervously as to why he had called.

"Your dad escaped the police station and we don't know where he is, he could be anywhere, lock your doors and windows, you have to stay inside for a while" Blase quickly said.

What a way of cutting right to the case Spot thought. He sat down beside Race who was now on the floor. "Albert, tell Medda and the rest of the Newsies to meet in the kitchen in five minutes at most and don't tell them the reason, Specs, go around and lock all the doors and windows that leads outside" Spot said and rubbed Race's back as Race cried.

Five minutes later
"Racer, we have to take Jack and go to the kitchen now" Spot told Race as he stood up, Race standing up with him. Spot lifted Jack up, being careful not to hurt him more than he already is.

They walked downstairs and into the kitchen to see all the others already there. "Hey guys" Jojo said.

Spot sat Jack down on one of the chairs and people stared at Jack because of all the marks and bruises. "Race, do you want to sit down?" Albert asked Race who nodded. Albert sat down on the floor and Race laid down with his head in Albert's lap.

"Okay, you guys may know that Jack was missing earlier and that Race, Smalls, Skittery, Davey, Sniper and I was gone for a while" Spot started, the Newsies nodded. Race curled up in Albert's lap. "Well, Jack was kidnapped by Race's dad, Mark Higgins. The six of us that were gone, went to save Jack. As you see, we did it successfully. We got help from three cops that Race knows, the cops took him out in handcuffs and to the police station while we went home and treated Jack's injuries. Race got a phone call from Blase, one of the cops, he said that Mark escaped from the police station, they don't where he is and we need to stay inside for a while" Spot said and all of the Newsies'eyes widened.

1002 words