You Promised!

Chapter 10: You Promised!
Warnings: threatening, kidnapping, beating, mentions of kidnapping

"Wait, so Jack got kidnapped?" Jojo asked, shocked. Spot nodded.

"Okay, that man is crazy. Btw, how the heck did he hurt you so bad? You're too good of a fighter" Tommy Boy asked and looked at Jack who was deep in thought.

Race sat up. "Because he was tied to a pole in the basement, his ankles, wrists and back tied as he was sitting on his knees. He had no way to move which made it a lot easier for Mark to hurt him, he also had duct tape over his mouth, he couldn't talk, he wasn't able too. That was stuff I went through as a kid, I didn't get tied up, but it was similar and Mark took Jack so that he could have something else than me to get his anger out on" he said and everyone's eyes widened as they looked at Race. "Yeah, it is true, you want proof? Here let me show you" he finished before he took his shirts off and revealed all of his scars and burn marks that wasn't healed or treated. He placed a chair beside Jack and sat down so the others could compare the marks.

"First of all, they're really similar, second of all, we're treating those bruises when we're done with this meeting" Davey said and looked at Race.

"No! We're not doing that" Race said as he jumped up from his chair and was about to run upstairs when Spot and Albert stopped him, Spot held him tightly, Race blushed heavily as he did.

"You ain't goin' anywhere Racer" Spot said.

"Okay, any questions?" Albert asked the Newsies who all shook their heads. "Okay, meeting dismissed" all of the Newsies (except Davey and Specs) looked at him confused. "You can go now" he repeated and all of them went other ways except for Davey.

"You know, I'm surprised you even know that word" Davey said and pointed at Albert. "Can you go and get bandages and something to clean everything with?" Davey asked Albert who nodded and did so.

Albert came back quickly with bandages. "Racetrack, you are never going to-" he started but got quickly cut off by loud banging on the door. Race quickly took his shirts on and looked out the window.

He couldn't believe his eyes. "It's my dad" Mark started shouting when he saw Race.

"Anthony Higgins! Get out here or I will kill your friends here!" Mark shouted and showed Race someone.

"It's Ace and Hotshot!" Spot exclaimed wide-eyed.

Enough is enough Race thought and walked to the door, he unlocked it and opened it slightly. "If I come with you, will you let Ace and Hotshot go?" he asked his father who nodded. "Promise?" Mark nodded again.

"Race don't do this!" Ace pleaded. Race opened the door fully now and took one step outside.

"I have to, it's for your safety" he said and took another step forward. He stood in front of his dad and looked him in the eye. "Take me instead of them"

His father smirked. "You know, I think I changed my mind, I'm taking all of you" Race got wide eyed but quickly felt something hit his head and everything went black.

With Ace, Hotshot and Mark
"Race!" Ace and Hotshot screamed as the boy fell to the ground. Mark turned around and looked at the boys.

"You," he started and pointed to Hotshot. "Carry him and follow me, try anything and you're ending up like him" he threatened, the boys nodded and Hotshot picked Race up before they started walking.

They arrived at Mark's house after 10 minutes. They went inside and into the basement. "Sit down on the floor, lay Anthony between you and wait here" Mark said and the boys did as told. He left the room and Race slowly started to wake up.

"Where-" Race started before he cut himself off by remembering. "Are you guys okay?" he panicked and sat up.

"Yes, we just got here but I wonder what he's gonna do" Ace said and Hotshot nodded. Race laid down again and groaned.

"Why the hell does he want me? What makes me so special that he want to do anything to get me?" at that, Mark came back and saw Race who pretended to still be out, surprisingly, Mark didn't realise that he actually was awake. He threw some rope to Hotshot.

"Tie him up" Mark said and pointed at Race. Hotshot did as told even tho he really didn't want to.

"What now?"

"Your friend there too" Hotshot started to tie Ace to the other pole in the room and looked at his friends with sad eyes.

"Okay, what do you want me to do now?" Hotshot asked, annoyed and sad.

"Soak 'em"

"No! I will not soak my brothers!" Hotshot exclaimed, shocked and suddenly scared.

"Do it or I will tie you up and soak all of you"

At that, Race stopped pretending to be out and spoke up. "Soak me and not them, I am the reason why you took them in the first place"

Mark scoffed "I won't soak only you, that's no fun. Oh, I have an idea, why don't I tie Hotshot up on the other side of the room together with Ace and then I soak them, you get a free show" He exclaimed and quickly tied Hotshot up before dragging him to the other side of the room. He walked over to Ace and untied him from the pole before he tied his wrists and ankles just like he had done with Hotshot, yanked him up from the floor and walked him over to Hotshot. "Let's have some fun" he said and smirked.

He kicked Ace in the gut and Ace curled up in pain. Race screamed as he saw what happened but Mark continued, he kicked Ace again but this time in the jaw, Ace got a cut on his cheek and started bleeding. Race was devastated, his friends were being beaten and he couldn't do anything with it. Mark moved to Hotshot and kicked him in the arm, they heard a crack and Hotshot screamed out in pain.

What have I gotten us into?

1041 words
I

'm posting two chapters today since I forgot on Tuesday, sorry that I forgot