Midtown Craziness

Chapter 16: Midtown craziness
Warnings: fluff, panic attack, crying, fluff

In Midtown
"So, where are we going first, Jordan?" Ace asked as they were walking on the side of a road.

Jordan just looked ahead. "I was thinking that we could go to my favorite ice cream place" he said, staring blankly forward, still walking.

Ace stopped and put his arm in front of Jordan so he stopped too. "Jordan, is there something wrong?" he asked, Jordan turned around and looked at Ace.

"Not really, or, I'm not really sure. I think it's just because of memories I'm seeing, from the past, when I was with my parents" Jordan started and they started walking again. "I've always had a feeling that I had a twin brother or at least a brother but I've never heard anything about having one"

"That sounds a little scary to have that feeling but also not know anything about if it's true. But it also sounds cool to have a blood related sibling, I had a brother but he died when he was three and I was five, I saw him get beaten to death, punched and hit until there suddenly were no reaction from him at all" Ace said and took Jordan's hand in his.

"That sounds terrible. I'm so sorry you had to go through that" Jordan said and squeezed Ace's hand slightly.

Ace shrugged. "I don't really think about it a lot any more. I have the Newsies, I have Manhattan and Brooklyn. The boys are amazing and I can never leave them, they're my family. You're family, you're my boyfriend and soulmate, I could never have been more happy" he said and hugged Jordan. Jordan hugged back and Specs stood behind them, smiling, happy for the two boys.

"How long is it until we're at the ice cream place?" Ace asked as he pulled away from the hug.

"It's just around the corner right here" Jordan said as they crossed the corner. There it was, Jordan's favorite ice cream place, A La Mode. "This place is my favorite place in Midtown and probably even the whole world. I've been here so many times that the employees recognises me and let me pay less than normal price" Jordan said and chuckled at that last bit.

They walked inside, the place was huge, blue everywhere, blue chairs, blue walls, the workers even had blue clothes. "Wow" Ace whispered as they were walking towards the cashier.

"Welcome to A La Mode, what can I get for you today?" the lady asked them and smiled. The lady had a blue flannel shirt with a light blue shirt underneath. She had black jeans and really short hair, her face almost looked like she was a boy.

"Before we order, can I ask you a question?" Ace asked, slowly and shyly. The lady nodded as she smiled at him. "Are you a boy?" he asked and her smile didn't fade at all, it got even bigger.

"I am born a boy, I'm going through surgeries to become a girl" she said, her smile never faltering. "What's your name, gender and pronounces? I know Jordan here but you're new, so is your buddy behind you here" she said and motioned to Specs.

"I'm Ace, boy, he/him pronounces" Ace answered and looked at Specs.

"Hello, I'm Specs, boy, he/him pronounces" Specs said and they all smiled.

"Okay, time to order" Jordan started. "I'll take one scoop of mint chocolate chip and one of cookie dough" he said before looking at Ace.

"One scoop of vanilla and one of strawberry" he said and looked at Specs.

"One scoop of pistachio and one of chocolate" he said and the lady nodded before she started scooping the ice cream.

The boys got their ice creams and sat down at an empty table. "Jordan, tell me your favorite childhood memory" Ace said as he looked at Jordan.