Chapter 4

Michael's POV:

I fell down on the pavement feeling literally as if I were a dead corpse, when...

"You won't die..."

I shot up in my bed, breathing heavily. I had just had the weirdest nightmare...

"Good. It was just a dream," I thought to myself, taking a deep breath.

I looked down at my phone to see the time and saw that it was around noon. I decided that I could have two or three more hours of sleep. But as I was about to lay down to go back to sleep I was stopped by my phone going off. I was confused because I'd never set my alarm for noon, considering that my bedtime was normally at six in the morning.

I groaned and reached over to press the snooze button, but instead I saw that y/n was calling me. I was debating on whether or not I should answer it or go back to sleep, but I decided to answer.

"Hello?" I said as I put my phone up to my ear.

"Hey Michael!" y/n responded. I was confused as to how she sounded so awake, considering she only got around six hours of sleep. "Did I wake you up?"

"No, no. I've been awake for hours," I lied, yawning.

"Yeah right, sure," she laughed. "Anyway, I was wondering, would you like to do something together before our shift? I mean, if you're too tired then we can do something later or tomorrow..."

"No, I'd love to," I stopped her with a tired smile. "I can just take a nap later."

"Alright! See you in a little bit!" she bubbled. Before she could say anything else she hung up the phone.

I sat down at the end of my bed and yawned with a stretch. I then got up to get ready for the day. I took a shower then put on a navy blue shirt with a black jacket and some ripped jeans, then fixed my hair a little. Once I finished I put some shoes on and tied the laces. Then I headed for the front door.

Before I got to the front door, I stopped. I saw my dad in the kitchen yelling over the phone with someone. Typical.

I snuck past him, then got in my car. I put the keys in the engine and started driving to y/n's house.

Once I finally got to her house I rang the doorbell. She answered the door with a happy smile on her face. She gave me a hug.

"Took you long enough to get here," she teased. I rolled my eyes with a grin.

"What, were you really that impatient to see me?"

"N-no, I just-"

"Look who's the simp now," I smirked. She jokingly punched me in the shoulder and I laughed.

"Anyway, what do you wanna do before our shift?" I asked. She tapped her chin, thinking.

"Ooh, I know!" she exclaimed after a moment. "Wanna go get ice cream?"

"Ice cream it is," I agreed. I put my arm around her shoulders and ruffled her hair as I walked her to my car.

We headed over to a nearby ice cream shop. It was our old favorite. She got exactly what I thought she would: chocolate. Her favorite. I stuck with mint chocolate chip.

"You're so boring, y/n," I pestered jokingly as we were eating our ice cream. "Chocolate is so plain."

"Are you kidding me? Chocolate is way better than mint," she said authoritatively.

"Well, maybe you should try some before you actually say that."

"Wha-"

I interrupted her by shoving my ice cream in her face. I burst out laughing.