Chapter 18

Y/n's POV: 

"Chris...?" I whispered under my breath in disbelief. Chris ran over to me and gave me a hug.

"I missed you so much, y/n..." he muttered, his voice slightly cracking.

"I missed you too, Chris," I cried. "Gosh, I missed you so much. I can't believe you're actually here now."

"I can't believe you're here!" he exclaimed, pulling away with a few tears in his eyes. "After three painfully lonely years, I can't believe I finally get to see you again!"

"I'm sorry for not coming sooner," I apologized. "I feel so stupid that I didn't think to come back here a long time ago."

"It's okay. I don't care. I just care that you're here," he told me. "But where's Michael?"

"Michael?"

"Yeah. Isn't he here with you?"

"No... I came alone."

"Why? Do you guys not keep in touch anymore or something?" he wondered.

"Oh, no, of course we do!" I said. "It's just that he already tried coming here once before, and it was way too hard for him. So he couldn't stay for long."

"Oh... Well, will I get to see him? And Elizabeth? And my mom and dad?" he went on.

"Wow, I've really got a lot to catch you up on, don't I?" I chuckled.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, your mom nearly died in a car crash, but your dad saved her, and put her in an animatronic at a new pizzeria called Circus Baby's Pizza World. Elizabeth used to possess an animatronic there as well, but Michael and I set her free. Basically, we were both working there, and some other animatronics there did... something to me and Michael that allowed for her to be set free," I explained.

"What do you mean by 'something'? What did they do to you?" Chris asked.

"I... don't really know how to explain it. In a way they... tried to kill us. Well, actually they kind of did kill us. But at the same time, they didn't. It's hard to explain," I ranted.

"What?!"

"I know it doesn't make sense. But don't worry about me and Michael. We're fine."

"But what about my dad? Will I get to see him too?" Chris went on.

Oh shoot. How was I supposed to explain this to him?

"Well... that's kind of... complicated," I said hesitantly. "Michael and Elizabeth are actually living with me right now."

"They are? Why?"

"William... I mean, your dad... well... he..." I stopped, not knowing what to say. Eventually I just gave up with a sigh. "I think this is something that you should ask Michael about instead. He'd explain it better than I could."

"Will I ever get to see my dad again, though?" Chris worried.

"Of course you will! I just don't know when," I said. "But you know what? You've been here for long enough. I think you deserve to actually go somewhere that actually feels like home. Somewhere that you deserve to be."

"Wait, so you mean I really can come with you?!"

"Of course!" I said. "What did you think I was going to do? Just leave you here? Of course you're coming back with me."

"Yes!"

I chuckled. "Alright. Let's go."

Chris and I had a really fun time together on the way back home. I had missed him a lot over the years. And I especially couldn't wait for Michael and Elizabeth to see him again. And hopefully, I would be able to bring him to work with Michael, Elizabeth, and I so that he could see his mom again. And I was sure that he'd get to see his dad too when the time was right.