Chapter 10

Michael's POV:

I sat in bed, staring at the ceiling as I twiddled my thumbs. I felt so guilty for everything that had happened with y/n and dad, but I just had to know the truth. I know that dad either said or did something to y/n, and I wanted to know what it was. I just hope I didn't put too much pressure on her.

"You good, Michael?"

I snapped out of my thoughts and looked over at the doorway to see Ennard standing there. Once I saw him I laid my head back down on my pillow.

"I'm fine."

"Yeah right."

"Really, I'm fine."

"It's y/n, isn't it?" I looked over at him again.

"What? How'd you-"

"Oh Michael, you really are clueless. It's so obvious; you're head over heels for the girl."

"Yeah, right. She's just my best friend. Nothing more," I denied.

"What happened between you two yesterday?" He continued.

"You know what, can you leave me alone? I don't want to talk about it," I sighed angrily.

"You're right, that was a dumb question," he said, sitting at the end of my bed. "I already know."

"How?"

"I may or may not have ran into y/n as she was heading out the front door. I asked her what was wrong, and she briefly explained things."

"What happened between her and my dad, then?" I asked eagerly.

"Well clearly you don't want to talk about it, so I'll save that conversation for another day," he shrugged, beginning to stand up. But I sat up and reached out, grabbing his arm.

"Wait!" Ennard turned around. "I-I'm sorry. I'm just really worried about her and what my dad did or said to her. Please tell me."

Ennard sat back down, but this time closer to me. He had a much more serious look on his face this time.

"Are you sure? I think it'd be better if you heard it from your dad. And you probably won't believe me."

"I'm sure. Please tell me."

"Man, your dad would kill me if he knew I was telling you this," he laughed. If I heard him right, I would've heard him say under his breath, "Literally."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. He doesn't know about you and he never will. Just tell me."

"Alright. Well, I don't know how else to say this, so I'll just be straightforward. Your dad's a murderer." Ennard stated.

"What?! That's impossible!" I exclaimed.

"It's true, Michael. You asked to know the truth, and I told you. End of story."

"Listen, Ennard, I know my dad can be a jerk in just about every way, but he's no murderer. I know my dad, and I know that he still has a heart deep down in there somewhere."

"Well, clearly, you don't know him well enough."

"Shut up!" I barked. "I'm not going to let you tell lies about him, just so that you can give me a fake answer to make me feel better! I've known him all my life, and I know that that's not something he would do! Tell me the truth!"

"Listen, Michael; I know you're dad, he's the one who created all the animatronics at the pizzeria. I know the truth about him, and I'm trying to help you see it!"