Chapter 20

Y/n's POV:

RING RING RING

I groaned to the sound of my annoying alarm clock. I looked over to see that it was 7:15. Michael groaned a little too. I looked back over at him to see that he looked absolutely exhausted, and his hair was a complete mess. I found it cute though, to be honest.

"Good morning, sleeping beauty," I said with a tired smile.

"Morning," he answered with a yawn. "Do we have work?"

"Yeah. Unfortunately."

He groaned.

"I'm not in the mood for work today," he sighed.

"I know. But we need the money," I said, sitting up. But he didn't do the same.

"Hey, you okay?"

"No," he sighed.

"Come on, babe," I said, taking his hand. "Get up for me, okay?"

Michael stared at me for a couple of seconds before finally sitting up.

"I don't wanna get up," he groaned. "I'm tired."

"I know. But we have to," I said. "I'll get ready in the bathroom, you can use our room first."

I grabbed my clothes and headed to the bathroom to get ready. After about twenty minutes, I walked back into my bedroom to see that Michael was laying down in bed again and staring at the floor. I walked over to his side of the bed and put my hand on top of his.

"Michael..." He looked up at me then back down at the floor.

"I'm sorry, y/n," he sighed. "I just don't feel like getting ready yet."

"...Okay..." I gave his hand a gentle squeeze before walking off with disappointment. But once I got to the door he stopped me.

"Hey."

I turned around.

"I love you," he said quietly. I smiled and walked back over to him, giving him a kiss on the forehead.

"I love you too."

After that, I went downstairs to get breakfast. But surprisingly, after a couple of minutes, I saw Michael walk into the room. I smiled and gestured for him to come eat with me. Since the cereal and milk were already out while I got cereal, he grabbed a bowl out of the cupboard and made himself a bowl of cereal to eat with me.

I'm pretty sure I was able to distract him for a bit by chatting with him because he seemed to be acting more like himself. So I was glad to have my happy Michael back.

Once we both finished eating, we walked over to the front door. I wrapped my arms around his neck before heading out.

"You'll be okay today, right?" I asked.

"Yeah, I think so," he reassured me, wrapping his arms around my waist. "Work is only a few hours anyway. I'll be fine."
"Promise?"

"I promise."

I sighed. "Right. Sorry for being so overprotective," I apologized.

"Don't be," he chuckled. "It's cute to see how much you care about me."

"I would tell you to shut up, but you're not wrong," I giggled. I could tell he was about to pull away to say goodbye, so I stopped him by leaning up and kissing him. I could feel a smile form on his lips as he kissed me back.

"I thought you could use a goodbye kiss," I said with a smile once we both pulled away.

"I could always use a kiss from you," he said, giving me a hug. "I love you."