Twenty Nine

So it's been a while... a long while. And some things have changed. First, I changed the title from Home to Stay.

The reason I did this is because I don't think Home is the right title for this story. I love it, but while the meaning behind Home still remains, that Dylan is Killian's home and vice versa, I think Stay resonates more with the concept and entirety of the story than Home does.

This is because as you read, you realize that these two characters need each other to stay with them despite all their fuck ups. Dylan needs Killian to stay with him even though he lied to him. Killian needs Dylan to stay with him despite all his fuck ups. For Killian, Dylan staying means the absolute world to him because everyone he had ever loved left him, except Dylan.

That's what makes their love stronger.

I think.

Anyway, I hope you all like this chapter and I'm sorry it took so so long.

***

I had a feeling that something was wrong when I stepped into school on Monday. From the time I woke up at 4am, there was this nagging thought in the back of my mind that the day was not going to be good and I actually contemplated staying home and skipping school altogether. But after staying in bed for two hours with nothing to do, I decided to go because what could possibly go wrong?

That question seemed to be working less in my favor when I stepped into the building and saw my friends standing in a circle near my locker. I frowned as I walked to them, wondering just what the hell was going on.

Martin was the first to notice me, his brown eyes going wide in surprise before he whispered something to the others, probably letting them know I had arrived. Nick and Kristen turned almost simultaneously to me, weirding me out by how they did that. Kristen had the same worried expression that her boyfriend wore but Nick's brows were furrowed in anger. He seemed really pissed off and upset and I wondered if that anger was directed at me. The three of them watched me quietly as I neared them.

I could feel my heart pounding in my chest as I walked up to them. Just what in God's name was going on?

"Hey," I greeted slowly and before I could even say anything else, Nick bombarded me with the one question I knew he'd ask.

"Where have you been? What happened to your phone?!" He practically shouted, sounding annoyed and frustrated that there was nothing wrong with me, which probably meant that he had spent all weekend worrying about me when he couldn't reach me.

"Nowhere, nothing," I answered, scowling as I pulled out my phone from the pocket of my jeans and turned it on. "I just switched it off for a while," I shrugged.

"Oh my god," Kristen sighed. "You really don't know."

I raised a brow at her as I switched on the phone.

I knew something would go wrong the moment I turned off the phone. If I listened to my gut, I would've known exactly what happened.

"Dylan... it's Killian," said Martin. I froze. My fingers paused from tapping on my phone. My eyes raised to meet his as my heart hammered in my chest. The number of possible scenarios for what happened to Killian run through my mind in a split second.

"What. Happened.?!" Before Martin could answer, Nick interrupted.

"If your phone was on like it should have been, you'd know," he glared at me with a growl. I would've been angry at him for how he spoke to me but at that point, I didn't give a damn. I just wanted to see Killian and know that he was safe. I ignored Nick, focusing on Martin and Kristen as they seemed levelheaded enough to tell me what had happened.