Twenty One

There was a big boy standing in a metal barrel in the movie Killian and I were watching at his apartment. Instead of going straight home, I decided to follow him home just to spend some time with him, because I'd rather spend time with Killian than do anything else. Currently, I was lying in his bed with his laptop in my lap after logging in to my Netflix account. Killian had gone to his kitchen area but i was too engrossed in the horror movie to pay attention to what he was doing.

My heart was racing as I watched the fat boy who seemed to be stuck in the barrel which was bad enough as I couldn't imagine being stuck in such a small space. And with the mysterious killings of his friends by some unknown animal that was beneath the ground, my heart thumped in my chest as the camera focused on him. The scene became even more gruesome as it zoomed into his stomach, showing how deep the metal edge of the barrel had cut with blood flowing down to the sand below. My eyes are widened as I realized what was going to happen. Goosebumps graced my skin as I watched on, so focused that I did not even realize the movement behind me, until a hand grazed my neck and I screamed, jumping from my seat as the mysterious creature sliced open the fat boy's stomach.

"AAAH!" The chilling sound left my mouth before I had the chance to know what had happened. With my body shaking from how terrified I was, I turned to see Killian taking a step back from the bed, trying and failing so hard to hold in a laugh. Angered and mostly embarrassed at getting scared so easily, I took a pillow and threw it at him.

"What the fuck, Killian?"

He caught the pillow with an ease that almost made me smile until my mind reminded me that I was supposed to be mad at him.

"I was just kidding," he chuckled, shaking his head. "You were so focused on the movie, you didn't even hear me call you."

"You could have at least waited until that scene was over. It was scary as hell," I groused.

"I thought you liked horror movies," he stated as he came to sit next to me and I moved closer, leaning in and placing my head on his shoulders.

"Just because I like them doesn't mean I don't get scared."

"Why do you watch them then, if you're so scared?"

"They have nice story lines, at least some of them. This one in particular is total bullshit," I stated and closed the movie to search for something else. I guess I was a bit embarrassed to have Killian question my pleasure in watching horror movies. Was it my fault that I enjoyed something that made me go to sleep with a racing heart and praying for monsters to not get me?

I felt heat creep up my cheeks as I remembered the last time I watched something as scary as this.

Killian noticed my displeasure and he rubbed my arms, making me sigh in relief at the warmth. "Don't worry, I like them too."

"So why were you teasing me?" I grumbled, pouting.

"You're cute when you get all riled up," he whispered and placed a soft kiss on my forehead, making my cheeks redden and stomach flutter. I didn't know whether to hate the moments when he called me cute, or pretty or precious. It was weird how he made me feel.

"What do you want to watch?" I asked after a few minutes of not finding anything better to watch.

"How about, Rupaul's drag race? I heard it's on Netflix," he suggested.

I had never watched the show before and it also did not sound familiar to me at all. "There's like 12 seasons. Which one should we watch?"

"The latest?"

I nodded and set it to play and laid back against him again. We spent most of the night watching a full season of the show and aside from it being very entertaining, it also opened my eyes to certain things regarding sexuality and gender identity. Granted, I didn't understand some of it, but Killian explained them to me when I asked. I wasn't even embarrassed when I asked him what being a bottom meant and he had looked at me with such wide eyes, I thought they were going to fall out of their sockets.