Thirty Four

The next morning...

"You're watching me sleep again aren't you?" Killian whispered. I smiled as a blush coated my cheeks. He knew me so well. And I didn't even try to hide it as my gaze remained on him, watching as he came out of his slumber.

It was nice to see him in the mornings like that, when his face held no signs of stress or knowledge of what the real world had in store for him. It was nice to see him so peaceful and relaxed, which was all I wanted for him really.

Maybe it was creepy but Killian didn't mind, or at least he didn't say he did.

When his gaze met mine, he smirked at me and beckoned for me to get closer. I did. Killian lips met mine in a chaste kiss, one that I gratefully welcomed. It was a far cry from the kisses we shared the night before. Those were hungry, needy, hot and absolutely mind blowing. They were much more than anything I'd felt. And I greatly enjoyed them.

It didn't mean that I didn't enjoy these chaste ones too because I did. It was nice to know different sides of the boy I'd fallen in love with.

"I have to get ready for school," I stated sadly as I pulled away from him, breaking our kiss.

"You're leaving me here?" Killian asked, pouting. "All alone? How can you be so cruel, babe?"

I shook my head, chuckling. "You won't be alone though," I pointed out.

"You want me to hang out with the guy you took the condoms from? He knows we had sex!" Killian almost screamed out and I laughed.

"He was having sex with Angela, I think," I stated. "Which is even weird to think about."

"So you want me to hang out with your nanny and your cook who are hooking up? Dyl... that's like the most awkward situation ever!"

"Welp... sucks to be you," I chuckled and tried to get away only for Killian to grab my hand pull me back into bed with him. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"Come on, Dyl... stay here with me," he whispered, his voice taking on a much husky tone that sent shivers down my spine.

I licked my lips and glanced up at him only to be met with his lips which captured mine in a breathtaking kiss. I enjoyed it thoroughly, almost talking myself out of backing out because I wanted to be with Killian more than anything. But I knew I couldn't, no matter how badly his kisses and touches made me want to.

Not only did I have to go meet our friends and reassure them of Killian's safety, I also had to inform the school of his absence. He could do that on his own through a simple phone call but I thought it'd mean much more of our friends heard it from me in person. And who knows, they could all come back to see him later in the day.

"I'll be back before you know I'm gone," I promised.

"Dyl..." he whined and I chuckled.

"Killian, come on! Wren will take care of you, so will Angela. If you need anything, just ring for them."

Killian sighed and looked away, saying nothing as I got up from the bed and headed into the shower. I didn't want to leave him alone, but I also knew he was in good hands. So while I felt bad about leaving him, I didn't think too much of it.

***

Nick was the first to come to me one I reached the school. He rushed towards me with worry evident in his gaze, almost to the point where I thought his eyes were going to pop out. He looked restless.

"How is he?" He breathed. I took Nick's hands in mine and squeezed gently as our friends joined us.

"He's fine," I stated gently. I didn't want to sugarcoat things. Killian was beaten up pretty badly and his wounds were severe. Luckily, he was saved and looked after in time and considering how he looked this morning, he was on the road to a fast recovery. And that was exactly what I told Nick, Kris and Martin, who all breathed a sigh of relief.