Twenty Two

During midday on Saturday, I was stilling in the living room with my mom whiles studying for the midterms. I was reading a French novel and my mom was lying beside me on the couch with her legs resting on my laps. It was a relaxing day but I was getting anxious as time went by. I had been thinking of taking Killian on date for a while now.

This was mostly because I wanted to do something with him, for him, and also to show that I really did care about him. All our dates had been initiated by him and I thought it was time for me to also do something. I wondered if I should discuss it with him first.

"I'm visiting Killian later today," I informed my mom and dropped her book to stare at me.

"Oh? Is this another friend of yours?"

"Kinda...," I trailed as a blush coated my cheeks. How could I tell her that I managed to get myself a boyfriend?

"Kinda? What's that supposed to mean?" She asked as she threw her legs down and sat up.

I sighed and set my book aside. "He's kind of my boyfriend," I stated.

"A boyfriend?" My mom's eyes went wide. I couldn't determine what her expression meant, except for shock at the news.

"Yeah, it's very new and I really like him."

"Oh, wow. I mean... I didn't know you were gay," she sad in surprise as her eyes went wide and tone louder. "I don't mean to diminish what you've said," she explained, her voice gentler as she came closer to me. "Is this something you want? You're not being pressured in any way?"

I shook my head, confused at her question. Why would she think I was being pressured to get into a relationship? I was mature enough to determine what was right for me and what was not. "No, I am not being pressured at all," I stated. "I just know that I like him way more than I like my other friends... not that I like them any less, but this... this thing that I have with Killian, it feels more than friendship and I'm not just talking about the intimate parts," I explained and watched as my mom's eyes glimmered with happiness, until her smile faded at the last part.

"Intimate!" She questioned loudly and stood up. "Are you having sex?"

"Wha..."

"Sex? Who's having sex?" My dad's deep voice growled as he walked into the living room from his office.

I covered my face in embarrassment. "No one is having sex!" I exclaimed. "I have to go," I said and run away to my room before they could ask more questions. I let out a huge sigh of relief when I entered the room and quickly texted Killian.

'My parents think we're having sex'.

I paced for about two minutes before he replied.

'Is that a bad thing 😜'.

I shook my head and rolled my eyes. Of course he didn't see anything wrong with it. But that was because he did not know who my parents were. I knew them enough to believe they were already running a background check on Killian and fuck... I realized that if they found out he had been to jail, or that he sold drugs, they might ask me to not be with him.

Obviously, I didn't think they'd go that far, but what if?

'I'm coming over.' I sent to him called an Uber.

The moment Killian opened the door to his apartment to let me in, I put my arm around him and crashed his lips in a deep and desperate kiss. I had no idea why I did it at first, maybe it was the anxiousness to see him after realizing how far my parents would go to protect me. All I needed was to feel him and know that he was still here, that he was still my boyfriend.

My lips hurt and tingle when I pulled back, our faces flushed and breaths laboured. Killian had returned my kiss with the same intensity, if not more, and that greatly assured me that our relationship was safe.

"Wow...," he breathed.

"I missed you," I confessed. A smile broke out on his face as he allowed me to enter further into the room and kissed me once again. There, I saw Nick sitting on the floor with a math book in his lap.

"Oh, were you guys learning?" I asked, making Nick look up at me.

"No, we were watching a movie," he stated with an eye roll, chuckling. "What's up?"

"Uh... not much," I shrugged as I sat next to Killian on the floor, resting my head in his shoulder. "I told my parents that I have a boyfriend."

This made Nick's eyes go wide and Killian pulled away to stare at me.

"What did they say?" Asked Killian softly.

"They thought I was pressured into a relationship but I think they're more concerned whether I'm having sex or not."

Nick choked at that ad I turned to look at him, hence, missing Killian's reaction.

"You guys are having sex?" he shouted with wide eyes as he gasped at us, glaring at Killian to be specific.

"Not right now, obviously," said my boyfriend with a shrug, making me blush. Did he want to have sex with me?

"Well, I don't need to see that so... see ya!" Nick drawled as he closed his book and got up.

"You're leaving?" I questioned, feeling a bit guilty.

"Yeah, my shift at the diner starts in thirty minutes," he explained and I nodded. "Besides, now that you're here, you can help him answer the last few questions." He bid us goodbye and left.

I picked up the first book on the floor and opened to see how far they had gone in the mock test, only to see a beautiful sketch. I turned to stare at Killian in awe and saw him poring out some white powdery stuff from a ziplock bag into the coffee table.

"What are you doing?"

"Getting lit," he chuckled. "Do you have a card?"

I took out my wallet and handed it to him. "Is that what I think it is?" What Killian was currently parting into thin lines with my debit card looked awfully like cocaine and I felt my heart clench. "Killian..." I started to say but he cut me off.

"I'm not doing all of it," he said but that wasn't what I wanted to hear. "Just a little bit to take the edge off," he continued and rolled up a 100 dollar bill from my wallet and snorted up one life of the powder.

I scrunched my nose as I looked at him. That did not look healthy. No, it wasn't healthy at all. I thought he only sold these things, and now he was indulging? I wanted to say something but after seeing the relaxed look on his face, I wasn't sure exactly what to say.

So I turned my attention back to his doodles, except they were more than just doodles. In fact, this sketch was quite pleasing to look at and the feeling it gave was so intense. The sketch began at the flow of a river and beyond it laid a plain meadow where two boys sat, their backs facing the observers the smaller one had his head on the other's shoulder and the bigger one had his arm around him. The moon shone above them and somehow, I felt weirdly at peace just looking at the drawing.

"I didn't know you could draw," I said in awe and looked at him.

He nodded. "I guess there's a lot we don't know about each other," he mumbled and handed me my wallet. There was a weird look in his eyes that I didn't understand, and the sad tone in his voice even made it worse. I wanted to ask what was wrong but could not find it in myself to do so. This was mostly because I was confused as to why he was snorting up this cocaine, and also because of his last statement.

I managed to find some courage though but before I could even open my mouth, Killian snorted up the last line and turned to me, placing his lips on mine and effectively shut me up.