Eleven

"What just happened?" I ask myself as I reach up to touch my cheeks. My body is hot, my cheeks are tingling and the butterflies in my stomach won't fucking stop fluttering. I am frozen in my spot and I can't think of anything do or say. I can only just stare at Killian's broad back as he walks away from me.

What just happened?

I don't know what to make of it. My body feels weird, as though there's something moving through me. Of course there are shivers whenever I touch the place where he kissed me, but... I have never felt this way before.

My parents kiss me all the time.

Why is this so different?

My phone buzzes in my pocket seconds later, reminding me of why I'm even at my locker. Shaking my head to get rid of the weird feelings, I open the locker and take out the box of sandwiches. I hurry back to the cafeteria, hoping to not run into Killian until after school. I feel like I really need to wrap my head around this. I want to stop feeling weird and fuzzy before I meet him, although, I doubt I can.

Kristen and Nick are already waiting for me so I hand them the food as I sit down.

"What took you so long?" asks Nick.

"Nothing," I rush, making them raise their brows at me. "I was having difficulty with the locker. No biggie." I say with a sigh.

I should definitely calm down. This is not a big deal, right? This happens to a lot of people. Right?

I look around the cafeteria, hoping to spot him with his friends but he's not there. Where did he go though? I wonder.

"What are you looking at?" Kristen asks, startling me.

"Nothing!" I exclaim, a bit too loudly than I hoped. "Sorry, it's nothing," I tell her.

"Are you okay though? You seem flustered".

"I'm fine," I insist with a groan. Yeah, of course I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be?

"Alright, if you say so," she finally agrees and goes back to her food. "This is so good by the way. Thank you," she says with a smile as she squeezes my shoulder.

"You're welcome," I whisper and look towards Nick who is actually too engrossed with the food. "Hey," I say gently as I touch his arm. "Slow down,".

Nick looks up at me with wide eyes, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand. "Sorry," he apologizes after swallowing what was in his mouth. "It's really good. Thank you," he whispers with a shy smile.

I'm happy that he likes it but it also worries me a bit because he is eating as though he hasn't eaten in days. He doesn't look starved though so I can't be sure but it really worries me. Maybe I should bring him food everyday. This reminds me of my first day when I paid for his food. Yes, I'll definitely make it a point to bring him food everyday, I vow to myself. He's my friend and even though I don't know him well to know what goes on at home with him, I'll try to do whatever I can to make him happy.

Soon enough, the bell rings and we have to go to class. This is actually my first time having a language class that's not English. I studied French for a while when I was homeschooled and I didn't care much for it honestly. I don't know why I'm taking it again. I understand it, I just don't like speaking it but I guess I have to try my best in this class. Now that I'm in an actual school, I realize that I don't have to slack otherwise, I'll lose many of the points I gained. So I hurry up to the class to prepare for the teacher.

It is also the only class that I have without any of my friends so I'm a bit worried about how things would go. I just hope everyone here is nice.

By the time I take a seat in the class, there are only about seven or eight people. I guess there aren't many people taking the subject after all since I see only a few empty chairs left. I sit at the last seat near the wall close to the hallway. As I take my book out of my bag, someone sits beside me.

"Salut" an almost masculine voice greets and o turn to see a cute looking guy smiling at me.

"Salut," I respond. "Je suis Dylan," I respond with a smile as I take in his appearance. He has dark brown hair which is trimmed at the sides, making wavy top fall on the side of his face, like mine. His skin also has a dark tinge to i. But overall, what really is striking about him are his eyes. Two different colors but still perfect shades of brown and green.

"Enchanté, Dylan, je suis Marlon," he says.

Marlon...that's a very nice name, I think to myself. I wonder what it means. "Moi aussi, Marlon" I reply just as the teacher enters the class.

"Sortez vos livres La Collégienne maintenant. Qui peut résumer l'histoire pour nous?" She asks and I start opening the book, having forgotten what it even was about when I first read it.

We spend the rest of the class giving our opinions on the story and reading it out loud. Overall, the class is actually quite interactive but I soon realize that only Marlon and I keep contributing. And when we counter each other's arguments, Marlon just looks at me with a smirk, sizing me up. I feel a bit scrutinized by his gaze and blush to the tip of my ears.

The bell is my savior when the class ends because I am ready to bolt out of the class. It's not that he makes me uneasy, it's just that I don't know him and him looking at me like that makes me feel weird. Although, it reminds of Killian though. When I'm almost out the door after everyone has left, Marlon stops me.

"Hey, you're the new guy right?" He asks, his voice sounds a bit deeper than before.

"Yeah," I say, my voice barely above a whisper. "I'm Dylan".

He chuckles at that. "Yeah, you said that before" he responds, making me blush.

This makes him smile and for some reason, I can't help but smile back. The crinkle around his eyes makes it all the more lovely and contagious. I chuckle at the thought running through my mind at how nice his smile is.

He giggles too, making me blush and look down at my feet.

"So...," he trails.

"So...," I reply but before Marlon can reply, I hear Killian'a voice behind us.

"Hey," his deep voice greets making me turn to look at him.

"Hi, um..." I pause, looking between them. Marlon's smile has vanished, having been replaced with a frown. "This is Marlon," I introduce but Killian just frowns at him.

Marlon sighs then. "À bientôt Dylan," he says and walks away.

This leaves me confused as I watch him go down the stairs.

"Why are you talking to that guy?" Killian asks me quite haughtily.

Where from this hostility, I wonder. "He's in my French class," I say with a shrug, not knowing why I have to explain why I'm even talking to another person. Killian also sighs, with annoyance in my opinion, and takes my hand.

"Come on".

***
Hiiiiiiii!!!! New character, wow!!😅😅😅 how are you all feeling about that? Kindly let me know.

Thanks for reading.

I love you.
Bethie❤️

P.S.: Someone wrote a review on Home on Inkitt. I loved it so much. If you want to also leave a review, the story is available on Inkitt. The link to it is in my bio.

 The link to it is in my bio