Four

I was excited the next day though. I was really looking forward to seeing my friends. I didn't know if I could officially call them that but Nick sat with me for almost everything yesterday and he already gave me a ride so I guess I could call them friends.

I looked through my closet after showering and grumbled.

"I have no clothes" I mumbled. Of course, I had a lot of clothes. Too many if we're being honest. But, none of them felt right. A lot of them were dress shirts and suits. My t-shirts and jackets were all designer made. My vans and boots were all designer made. The only clothes I had that weren't designer made were my knitted type of sweaters and even they were bought at expensive boutiques. However, I had already worn one and I didn't like to repeat clothes, at least not right after wearing them.

I sighed and took the other jeans, a black ripped one and looked for a jacket. I preferred wearing jackets on my t-shirts, that is, if it was a small or medium sized shirt and since I had already wore a knitted sweater the day before, I just decided to go with a normal leather jacket. I then picked a black and white striped shirt that I got from Topman. I then wore my black jeans and boots.

I felt good with my choices as I fixed my fringe. My hair was the one of many things I loved about myself. My hair was dark brown, almost curly and close to reaching my neck. My bangs went up to my cheeks and I swept it with my fingers to the left.

I then picked up my bag and went downstairs. Angela was already waiting for me and she was grumbling something about being late. I rolled my eyes at that. Pursing my lips, I about the question that had been bugging me since last night.

"Angela, do you think I could get a car?"

"You have many" she said as we walked towards her BMW.

"But I do need one. A personal one, not my parents cars. Maybe you can teach me how to drive, then I'll get a licence and we'll buy it".

She looked away for a moment and said, "well, you have the money so I don't see why not" she shrugged. Angela didn't really care what I did, to be honest.

I smiled. Mission accomplished. The drive to school was pretty cool, except that Angela went on and on about her boyfriend and what party she would go to on Friday. Now, I wanted to ask if I could go too but then again, I've never been to a party before and she'd probably leave me by myself so what the hell?

I said bye to Angela as soon as I got down from the car and walked into the building. Some of kids looked at me and waved and others just smiled. Weird. I smiled back but I was still confused as to why they were being friendly.

I climbed up the stairs to get to my locker. When I got there, Nick was already waiting and I smiled as I jogged towards him.

"Hey".

"Have you heard?"

"Heard what?"

Nick cleared his throat. "Everyone thinks you're related to Quincy Bennie" he said.

I gulped. That explained it then. "I'm not".

This was not good. I didn't need people thinking my family was rich. Mom said they would try to be friends with me because of that and what I needed was truly genuine good friends. I sighed in relief when Nick didn't ask anymore questions. I was still trying to figure out the whole friendship thing and like my mom warned, I did not want to gain friends just because I had money. I once watched a movie where a certain girl got paid to pretend to be someone's friend and trust me, I hated that feeling.

I had Biology first whiles Nick had Chemistry so we had to go different ways. Luckily, Nick walked me to class and found a seat for me before leaving, which I was grateful for. Although, I did not like the looks the other students gave him when he walked in with me.