Chapter 29

Chapter 29

"What the hell," I muttered.

"Ano?" she asked; raising her brows at me. "Aangal ka na naman? Itikom mo bibig mo, Liston."

I bit my lip while watching her eat a slice of mango and dipping it in a ketchup while watching TV. Nakaupo siya sa sofa habang seryosong nakatitig sa palabas.

I tilted my head and smiled. My wife looks so adorable in all the things she do.

"Tingin-tingin mo diyan?" She raised her brows again. "Gusto mo? Luh, asa ka."

Binaba ko ang attaché case sa pang-isahang sofa. Nilapitan ko ito at umupo sa tabi niya. I held her waist and carefully lifted her to settle her on my lap.

I buried my face on her neck and inhaled her scent. Ramdam ko ang pagkalma ko at parang nawala ang pagod ko sa buong araw.

Her fingers started playing my hair. "Pagod ka?"

Tumango ako at mas hinigpitan pa ang yakap sa kanya. Ironic. Ngunit totoo palang may taong magiging pahinga mo sa nakakapagod na mundo.

"Come on! I know you like me!" she tried to kiss me. Iritado ko itong tinulak palayo at sinamaan ng tingin.

"Are you fucking out of your mind?! Stop pestering me, Mrs. Gil," mariing saad ko.

My jaw clenched when she suddenly hugged me much tighter than she did a while ago. Pilit ko naman itong tinutulak. Damn, I don't want anyone to hug me if it's not my wife.

Nang maitulak ko ito ay bumukas naman ang pinto at pumasok si Tito Brian. "Kim."

"Don't come near me!" she screamed and ran to me. She hid herself behind my back. "Darling, he's a monster."

My jaw clenched once again before I pulled her arm and forcefully pushed her to Tito. I saw how terrified flashed through her face. May pumasok na lalaki na agad hinawakan si Tita at tinurukan ng syringe ang batok.

I was confused. Bakit naman nila tuturukan si Tita?

Umupo ako sa 'king office chair at napahilot sa 'king sintido. I gestured Tito to take a seat.

"Sorry about that, hijo." Tipid itong ngumiti.

"Why is she like that? She'd been pestering me since last week. Naiirita na ako. Bakit hindi mo iligpit ang asawa mo?" I said.

Tito Brian took a deep breath. "She's like that since she saw you and Keith's wedding picture. I asked a doctor about her condition and said it's her obsession."

"Obsession? What?" My brows furrowed. "I don't get it."

"Kaya ko kayo pinabukod ni Keith kahit ayaw ko ay dahil sa ina niya. May mga panahong mahal na mahal niya si Keith, at may mga panahong nais niya itong patayin." Tito massaged his temple. "She developed a disorder called Borderline Personality Disorder. She alternate between idolizing and devaluing someone that's why I decided to let you have my daughter for her safety."

"Then why the fuck is obsession being mentioned?"

"Hindi ko rin alam. She started hallucinating things that she's with you even if I'm the one she's with. And you know obsession is a disorder, right? I don't know why she developed that one. But maybe it's because of what I've done." Bumuga ito ng marahas na hangin. "I felt so awful for doing that. I destroyed her life."

Tumitig ako rito. "Now I know. Bakit hindi mo na lang siya i-admit sa mental? Or any psychiatric? I'm always disturbed. Ayoko ng hinawakan ako maliban sa asawa ko. You know how much I love your daughter, Tito."