Chapter 5

📍 Washington D.C. | January 2014

"This is what I'm talking about."

She pulled Natasha from the other side and pushed her forward before the man on the roof began to shoot his gun.

Natasha straddled Steve at the front, pushing his face on her chest, and kicked Sam on the side to avoid the bullet for them.

The lady at the back began shooting up on the roof, staying on her side.

Steve pulled the brake handle, making the man drop down onto the street forward. He came tumbling and rolling down before he glided his metal fingers on the road to let friction stop him.

"Well, hello again," the woman at the back, referring to the standing brunette man who has his face covered with a black mask and has a metal arm.

"You knew this guy?! Cause he out here killin' people right now!" Sam exclaimed to her while Natasha raised her gun towards the man ahead.

The lady at the backseat rolled her eyes, "Not personally, but I know his kind-" she was cut off by another car smashing behind, pushing them along the road. "And theirs too," she added, dusting off the shards of glass from the window at the back.

She kneeled on the backseat.

"What are you doing?!" Sam asked.

"Trying not to get us killed," is all she said before pushing herself out of the back window, sliding to the bonnet of the car, pushing them.

She took a gun tucked behind her and began shooting the widescreen window to break it.

Before the men inside the vehicle can shoot her, she emitted pain to them. She held on to the window frame before reaching below the driver's seat to move his chair back.

She slid in, sitting on the lap of the screaming driver, without losing control of her illusion to them.

At the same time, the metal arm man jumped back onto their car, smashed through the windscreen, and pulled out the steering wheel.

"Shit!" Sam said as Natasha starts shooting at the man, but the man jumped onto the vehicle behind them.

"Ты зимний солдат, (Russian: You're the winter solider," the lady said trying to the keep her illusion together as they were many in the car.

He looked behind him, seeing a white figure behind the mask driving the car. To say he wasn't entranced was a lie, but he needs to finish the mission.

"I'll help you a little, yeah?" She asked, stepping on the gas more to hit Sam's car to pull them out of the road.

"Is she mental?!" Sam said in distress, seeing that she was helping them.

In the mind of the woman behind the steering wheel, there was no other way. She has to get them out of that car, or they will die altogether.

As their car begins to get pulled off the road, Steve holds on to the car door, "Hang on!"

Her illusion is wearing thin, so she shouted, "Now, Steve!" As she opened the drivers' door and hopped out of the vehicle sending HYDRA's vehicle to the side of the road.

Steve broke the door open, holding onto Natasha and Sam as they slide on the car door through the streets.

The Winter Soldier hopped down the hood and was joined by the recovering HYDRA agents, and they handed a gun to him.

He launched a powerful blast to Steve that was block by his shield but sent him down through a bus.

The HYDRA agent started to shoot Natasha and Sam as they run off in different directions.