Chapter 35

📍 Raft Prison / Wakanda/ Avengers Compound  | June 2016

"Told you he wouldn't leave us behind, Clint," Sam called out as Steve stepped inside their chamber.

"Well, ain't you a sight?" Clint said to Steve.

Steve gave them a smile apologizing, "Sorry I couldn't make it here sooner."

"We'll try not to hold it against you," Sam told him as Steve unlocked their chambers.

"Where's Wanda and Saf?" He asked them.

"The other wing," Sam said as they went to the girls.

Wanda looked up, "Took you long enough."

"I'm sorry," Steve said before helping her out as they cut through her bonds.

"Steve," Sapphire spoke, still standing and blindfolded.

"Jeez," Scott exclaimed as he saw how every part of her is trapped and was about to help when he was stopped.

"Don't touch," Sapphire warned, making Scott stop in front of her. "Let Sam do it."

With confusion, Sam removed her blindfold and helped her break free the straps.

"Well, shit. How about those," he pointed to her hands.

She walked to the wall, punching hard, making each capsule shatter.

"Where is he?" Sapphire turned to Steve.

"I'll bring you to him."

Sapphire turned to Wanda before going with Steve, "I'm not the best candidate to give you love advice, but from what you told me about Vision. You've already made up your mind."

Wanda smiled at her, "Thank you."

Sapphire winked at her, "I got you, girly."

Steve flew with Sapphire bringing her to Wakanda, explaining Bucky's plan.

Much to her dismay, she knew it's for the best so she accepted it. She just wanted to see him.

They entered the medical facility, and Sapphire ran up to Bucky, who was sitting on a bed, his metal arm gone.

Play the song to get the full effect of the following scenes. Read slowly and savor the moment. It's a MUST:

"Hey, Doll," Bucky whispered against her white hair as she hugged him tightly.

"You sure about this?" She whispered to him.

"I can't trust my own mind," He pulled away, laughing it off. "So, until they figure out how to get this stuff out of my head. I think going back under is the best thing... for everybody."

Seeing the sadness in her steel eyes, he caressed her cheek, "I'm sorry I have to leave you again."

Sapphire shook her head, "I understand. Just come back, okay?"

"If I don't-"

He was immediately cut off by her, "You will because I will defrost you myself if you don't."

Her stormy eyes started to glisten with tears as she spoke sternly, "I don't care if you have to be frozen for another 70 years. You made a promise to me that you'll always come home to me, and I'm holding you to that."