Chapter 38

📍 Wakanda | January 2018

The whole day, Bucky and Sapphire spend it by catching up on each other.

Well, more of Bucky catching up to Sapphire.

"And how did my doll who hates humanity became a teacher?" He asked her as she stirred the pot.

"I'm not really good at anything besides fighting. So, I thought, why not use my Ph.D. It would be a waste not to do anything about it. Plus, the children are amazing," she narrated with a smile on her face.

"Oh, Steve says, 'Welcome back," Sapphire said as she prepared dinner.

Bucky chuckled, seeing her move around and cook, "When did you learn how to cook?"

Sapphire turned around, setting the dish down in front of him, "I spend my time with different people here, learning how to do their daily things. It's a vegetable pilau, by the way. Try it."

He took a spoon and ate the rice with pieces of lamb and vegetables at it.

"How is it? Better than my noodles?" She wiggled her brow, remembering how she attempted to cook noodles in Bucharest without Bucky.

Bucky laughed as he nodded, "Yes. This is amazing." He shook his head, getting more of the food and feeding it to her, "I still question how you manage to burn instant noodles. Open up."

She opened her mouth, eating. After she swallowed, she replied, "Maybe, I'm meant to be an elite cook."

Bucky chuckled at her, getting a bite off their food. He looked up, seeing Sapphire staring at him, "What?"

"Life is funny. Just 2 years ago, I was standing while sleeping in prison, and now I'm engaged to a 100 about to be 101-year-old man," she replied with a teasing smile.

Bucky rolled his eyes at her, "And I'm still dating the same alien."

"I miss you, Buck," Sapphire confessed.

He held her hand and kissed the back of it across the table, "How fast can you arrange your wedding dress?"

"I don't know," she said, thinking. "Maybe, I could get some help."

He gave him a nod, "You okay to settle down here?"

"Yeah. Anywhere with you, I'm good. I like it here though, more than the city. It's peaceful," she said with a smile on her face.

"Can you?" He leaned his face on her palm.

Sapphire closed her eyes with a soft smile on her face. "I love you, Sergeant," she spoke through his head.

"I love you too and can't wait to marry you, Mrs. Barnes," he replied in his head.

Exactly 5 days later, they decided to tie the knot. Everyone in Wakanda helped prepare their simple wedding.

Her dress was handmade with the softest tulle and fabric. It has a nude pink 4 gore structured skirt, and the upper portion has a white v-neckline and pink straps that connected from the waist into a haltered shape.

Sapphire's hair was tied in a low ponytail, leaving chunks of hair to frame her face while she wore her usual smokey makeup. She wore no veil and accessories, but her feet are in nude stilettos.

T'Challa was with Bucky in a separate hut as he gave him a velvet box that contains the rings Bucky purchased back in Bucharest.

"How did you get this?" Bucky asked him.

"When you were captured, they went through your stuff. They didn't see it but I did. Although I wanted to kill you that time, something told me to keep it," T'Challa answered him.