5

449 words

449 words

——

"Okay students. You all know why we're here. We will begin the matches shortly." Mcgonagall said with a dull look.

Students chattered as a cauldron was brought up to the front with a smoke exiting it. The rustic cauldron shut many students up as now the hall was silent and left a chilling feeling throughout everyone.

Mcgonagall cleared her throat and spoke the three words I wished were not said.  "Let us start." My spin rattled like a snake with chills and my face pale from fear. Many names were called and many cheers followed after pairs were called.

Luna caught my attention in particular and as she walked up our friend group smiled. Luna was the purest soul and we waited in anticipation as Mcgonagall pulled out a paper that read "Neville Longbottom."  Luna turned to Neville with the brightest smile and rosiest of cheeks.

Our table clapped as she took her seat, and Hermione was called up. She obviously was paired with Ron and Ginny of course paired with Harry. That left me out of our friend group to be paired.
Time passed by and minutes felt like hours and an hour turned into what felt like a year. Finally as all the couples were chattering my name was called and many cheered and smiled at me while I got up.

I smiled and walked up confidently because I always told myself when you feel your worst act like you're the best. It was those words that got me to the front confidently.

The rustic cauldron took longer than others and Mcgonagall apologized to the children waiting patiently. Why was my soulmate taking so long? It didn't help that the hall was silent, but the silence broke with a voice I was familiar with and she just said.....

"It's okay y/n maybe the cauldron does want you to be alone and successful like you wanted." Hermione cheerily said as many others laughed.

Many knew my desire to be famous and want to become successful and do it ALONE. I laughed again and as it quieted down I look back at her and said out loud.....

"You're right it's only better for my career if I'm alone so the cauldron can take all the time it wants. As long as I'm successful." I said as I flipped my hair and the great hall broke into laughter. I even broke Mcgonagall to crack a laugh.

Finally the cauldron flew out a paper and smoke arose. I took a deep breath and Mcgonagall started to speak....

——
A/n sorry for the cliffhanger but i hope you're enjoying !! :) go ahead and leave your comments and votes if you're liking it.