31

420 words

--
Y/n's POV-

Christmas morning approached as I was up early cooking breakfast for the kids who stayed over the holiday. Many ran in excited and sat down conversing with their pals.

Mcgonagall came in and told me she had control now and that I should say my goodbyes to the kids before I had to leave tonight to the Malfoy Mannor.

For hours we played games, talked, handed out more presents until I realized the time.

5 p.m. I ran towards my room changed into the red dress, applied makeup, curled my hair and accessorized with red and gold jewelry before bidding my goodbye to Mcgonagall and leaving to catch my train.

By the time I arrived I could see many guests cars parked meaning I must've been late. I walked up to the front door and knocked hoping Draco wouldn't be mad.

To my surprise the time was only 6:45 meaning I was only 15 minutes late. Draco opened the door with a smile as I saw him looking me up and down.

"Nice suit." I said hugging him and rubbing out the wrinkles.

"I love the dress too, whoever bought must have good taste." He said winking.

I walked in to be greeted by Draco's mother.

"Darling you must be Draco's soon to be wife, I'm Narcissa. Nice to meet you." She said pulling me in for a hug.

I was shocked at the words "soon to be wife." It scared me out I hugged her anyways. Draco's father quickly came over and Draco's smile dropped.

"Hello Mr. Malfoy. It's nice to meet you, I'm sorry for my lateness I was helping out with-..." I quickly tried to say before getting cut off.

"Lucius she was helping with the children who have nowhere to go for the holiday." Narcissa said.

"Well that doesn't excuse her, but it does give her a nice reputation." He said smirking.

I nodded nervously and Narcissa took me and Draco to get a drink.

"Y/n do tell me where you got the dress it's quite lovely." She said pouring me a drink.

"Oh actually your son picked it out." I said smiling at him.

"Well you know what they say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. He's always been one for fashion." She said handing me my drink.

I smiled at her and offered to help in the kitchen.

"Oh no honey but you can come help me pour some more drinks."

I patted Draco's shoulder and followed Narcissa to the kitchen to help assist the drinks.
--