16

395 words

--
Draco's POV -

I ran to her second safe space and she wasn't there so there was one more place I knew, the black lake.

I saw a brunette haired girl hiding behind the tree looking out upon the lake.

"Go away Draco." Y/n said with a few sniffles.

"Why are you crying y/n, you're being weak." I said standing next to her.

"Weak isn't always a bad thing Draco. Sometimes it's good to let your walls down and be weak."

"You're not wrong. Look y/n I'm sorry for what I did but you have to understand that I want authority."

"Then find another girl, because I'm not one to sit around and be told what to do. If this is going to work than we both have authority. We both join as one Draco." Y/n said her face now puffy from all the tears previously streaming down.

"I'm willing to try." I mumbled.

"What was that?"

"I said IM WILLING to try, don't make me repeat." I said now firmly speaking.

"That's all I ask. Is for effort Draco." She said now standing and looking at the ground.

I nodded and we started walking back towards the castle.

I felt her presence slowly walking behind me and I thought of braking the silence with a conversation.

"Those kids in Slytherin adore you." I said clearing my throat.

"Oh, y-yeah they're pretty sweet."

"You're very good with kids. Do you have any siblings?"

"Is this Draco actually trying?" She said laughing.

"Don't test it L/n."

"Okay okay, yes I have one but she's not around much same as my mom."

"So how do you take care of kids so well and know how to show compassion?" I asked now turning to face her while I walked backwards.

"Well my father was caught up with Voldemort just as well as those little kids parents."

"Deatheaters?" I asked lowering my head.

"Yes, they lost their parents just like I lost my father. They need some stability and I'm willing to give that to them as long as I'm here."

"You know not all deatheaters children need love y/n."

"No but deep down they want it Draco." She said while putting a hand on my shoulder.

I flinched her hand away and the rest of the walk towards the castle was silent.
--