27

580 words

——

Y/n's POV -

Finally December at Hogwarts. The Whomping Willow covered in a white blanket of snow. The air chilled and students less focused on school and more focused on Christmas.

I walked into the great hall saying my hellos to my Gryffindor friends, plus Luna and Neville who were sitting and talking to the group.

"We haven't seen you in so long. How's everything with Malfoy?" Ron asked curiously.

"Honestly we're just friends for now. I enjoy his company more though. We should all hangout i miss you guys."

"Yeah! My mom would love to see you for Christmas. We're all having a Christmas family reunion that is if you want to join?"

"Of course! I miss your mother's cooking and then company of all of you! I'll be there!" I said sitting down at their table.

"Good we can't wait till Christmas we all have been dying to hang-..." Ginny said getting cut off by a voice.

"Y/n. Sorry to uhm interrupt but my mother would like to meet you for Christmas that is if you don't have any plans." Draco said handing me an envelope.

"Yeah that'd be great I have uhm nowhere to go anyways so I'd love to join you." I said smiling.

"Yeah great. Well uhm by everyone." Draco said with a small smile towards the group.

"Is it just me or was Draco actually tolerating us for once?" Harry said laughing.

"He's nice once you get to know him y'know." I said placing the letter next to my side.

Mcgonagall came into the Great Hall carrying a note and clearing her throat.

"Students due to the unwholesome troubles of last year Hogwarts will be hosting a night of celebration and giving. Each student may stay over the holiday and each student will be invited christmas morning to receive a gift."

My eyes opened wide, I immediately thought of the kids I had brought under my wing and knew what was to be done. I was going to assist this event. I was a parentless child too, and it was my turn to give back to the kids who needed some joy in their life.

"Y/n i know that look." Harry said laughing.

"Yeah uhm. I'm going to stay her during Christmas. I'll of course be there for your mother's Christmas party and Draco's parents party but I need to be here for the children who are struggling." I said standing and heading over to Mcgonagall.

"She has the purest heart." Ron said in the distance.

"The purest. She's always been so kind toe everyone." Luna said smiling.

"Miss. L/n, I should've known you were going to come up here. I'm assuming you're staying here over the break?"

"Yes professor. I would love to assist this Christmas. I think what you're doing to spread holiday cheer is great." I said writing my name down.

She nodded and I went over to the Slytherin table.

"Hey uhm Draco, when is your parents party?" I asked placing a hand on his shoulder.

"The day of Christmas love why what's up?" He said turning placing a hand on mine.

"Uhm I was thinking of staying here over Christmas. But I will be there no question okay?" I said assuring him.

"Y/n aren't you going to spend time with your family?" Astoria questioned.

Then and there all my friends had looked at Astoria with wide eyes and tilted heads.
——
A/n - I love picturing Christmas at Hogwarts!!!! I think it'd be so wonderful.