Case 1.1

April 4th. 2016

Morning

"Hmm~ Hmm~"

The one who is currently humming and childishly kicking her feet is none other than the assistant, Amasawa Ichika. Looking at the window outside, she saw the buildings going past them.

"..."

And beside her, reading off a mysterious brown folder is none other than our detective, Ayanokouji Kiyotaka. He was very quiet throughout the entire trip, not saying anything unnecessary the entire time.

*vroom vroom* *beep beep*

The noise outside the black car they are in made the detective look away from what he was reading. He looked at his assistant who was still childishly humming.

"You seem very energetic, Ichika." He started a conversation.

The assistant looked at him, "And you seem very tired. I warned you, you shouldn't have stayed all night reading those."

While pointing her finger at him, she started lecturing him, "A healthy mind needs a healthy body. As the so-called best detective, you should really take care of yourself more."

"First off, never once I said I am the best one. Second, I can go on without sleep for 5 days max, if not longer than that if needed."

"That is not the point here, senpai." She bluntly replied, "I am just worried about how you would present myself to your new classmates later."

"You are worried?"

"It's been a while right? Talking to people your age."

"But I just talked to Arisu last two weeks ago."

"And that is just Arisu-senpai. All this time the only people you have been talking to are adults and of course, me."

"Talking to you is already stressful, I doubt I will do the same for the others."

"So what you are trying to say is that you dislike talking to this adorably cute assistant of yours~?"

"If you weren't that annoying, then maybe no."

"Fue! How rude!"

She started pouting and turning her head away from him. The detective didn't mind that at all and just went back to reading the papers. The assistant looked back at him and looked closely at what he was reading.

"I guess one thing I admire about you is that you are well-prepared. Maybe too well-prepared."

"Preparation is key. Besides, I am still not convinced about it."

"That again? It is as the police said, the victim, Sakura-senpai, never interacted with anyone one hour before her murder. Not to mention nobody was seen going near her dorm room in the cameras."

"Which doesn't make sense." He said as he closes the folder, "The victim's room is said to be locked. If truly nobody went to her room before her murder, then how come a hole in her heart was seen?"

Ichika started thinking and immediately a light bulb popped out at the top of her head.

"What about the window?"

"A possibility. These photographs are not enough. We might have to look at the scene of the crime itself."

As soon as he finished talking, the car they were in stopped. The two looked at the windows to see they have arrived at their destination. They went outside and saw the car they were just in drive off.