Case 1.2

April 4th, 2016

Afternoon

It is already time for everyone to go home. While the first day started strong with the announcement of a new special exam to be held in the last week of April, the day went by without anything interesting happening.

Our detective, Ayankouji, is currently walking on his way to his new dorm room. Going up to the fourth floor of the second-year dormitories, he proceeded to Room 401.

"Hm?"

He was surprised to see someone waiting for him there.

"Ah, senpai! Over here!"

"Did you even go to your dorm room, Ichika?"

"I did earlier. But then I went to the grocery store before coming here."

The detective then noticed the 3 heavy plastic bags she was carrying with her the entire time. He proceeded to unlock the door of the room and the two went in.

"So you came here because?"

"I thought we would celebrate our first day with a delicious dinner!"

She put the plastic bags in the kitchen and immediately jumped flat to his bed. Ayanokouji continued to explore his new dorm room.

"This is where they put it, huh."

He just opened a closet when he saw all of his luggage and materials in there from his office.

"Woah, you even brought the tea set?" Ichika asked him.

"You already know that this detective can't survive without his daily tea."

"You sound really British despite being full Japanese."

She deadpanned at him while going to the closet and bringing out the items.

"I think I might have brought too many items." He said.

"But you did say that they are all important though. Well okay then!"

Ichika started to tie her hair backward to a ponytail. She then removed her coat.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"We are going to fix these first before we have dinner. And you are going to help me~!"

"W-wait!"

But he was ignored as she started unpacking the luggage. It is as he always says, once Ichika starts, she can never be stopped. Knowing that, he as well removes his coat and starts helping her.

They spend the next two hours just arranging the room. All his clothes are put in their proper drawers and all his books are arranged on their proper shelves.

"Senpai, I'll leave you with that. I will start making dinner, okay?"

"Oh sure, go ahead."

She smiled as she cheerfully went her way to the kitchen. He continued arranging some folders on his shelves.

He finally finished arranging everything with the empty luggage all arranged inside the storage room. Going outside of the storage room, he saw Ichika who is now wearing a white frilly apron stirring something in a big pot.

"Hmm~ Hmm~"

"Hey, Ichika."

The cooking assistant looked at him, "Yes?"

"A special exam is announced right?"

"Oh yes, they did. In our class, they discussed it really early on. That included the OAA app." She explained, "Senpai, can you help me cut the vegetables?"