Case 1.7

April 8th, 2016

Night

*tick tock tick tock*

The sound of the clock ticking was all that was heard currently in Kiyo's room.

"So we have finally figured out what really happened, right senpai?"

Amidst the long silence the two had, Ichika started talking, asking the all-knowing question.

"Yes. We now know what truly happened on the night of March 18. Both of the cases are now solved."

Ayanokouji calmly replied, while bringing some tea for Ichika.

"I am still confused. Why? Why did everything lead to this? It seems so wrong..."

Ichika continued speaking as she was repeatedly playing the same video camera footage at the PC Ayanokouji currently has in his room.

"After looking at the evidence and testimonies we have, it is the one conclusion we all got to."

He said as he flipped over the small notepad he had, which had all the testimonies of the people he talked to, including his current interaction with Hiyori.

After flipping through his notes, he took his phone from his pocket and started calling someone.

"Eh, senpai? Who are you calling?" Ichika asked him.

"I am calling Arisu." Ayanokouji replied, "I want to tell her about this and also a possible favor from her."

"A favor... you don't mean..."

"Yes. It is the only missing part of this whole picture. The reason."

As Ayanokouji finished that statement, the phone picked up and a voice was heard from the other side of the call.

"Ara? Kiyotaka? I never expected you to ever call me before."

"Hey, Arisu. I called you for a reason."

*sighs* "And here I thought you called me because you just wanted to chat with me."

"Don't worry, this will be one of the few times I will call you like this."

"Oh, that is mean, Kiyotaka~"

"As I said before, stop with that kind of voice already! Anyway, the reason why I called."

"Mhm, what is it that you need?"

"We figured out what really happened that night."

"Oh, that is great. Should I call my father now for this?"

"Not now. I want you to do me a small favor. It is essential if I want to prove my conclusion is correct."

"I see. Now, what will that favor be?"

Ayanokouji started to explain his plan to her, much to both Arisu's and Ichika's surprise.

"Are those demands possible?" He started last.

"The first demand is not possible. We are risking student privacy if we do such a thing. However, I know an alternative that you two can use."

"I see."

"The second demand can be made. Although I expect Ichika-san to be there on time, to avoid confusion."

"That is no problem, Arisu-senpai!" Ichika exclaimed, assuring that she wouldn't be late.

"Lastly, the final demand. Usually, we don't allow such a thing in here but I can trust that you will handle the situation properly, Kiyotaka."

"I know."