Case 1.S

"The saddest thing about betrayal is that it never comes from your enemies..."

- Anonymous(?)

April 9th, 2016

Afternoon

The wind of the spring afternoon flows along as the silence fills between all of them.

For any ordinary student, this may feel like a wonderful afternoon to spend time with friends

...to have fun with them

...laugh with them

...most of all make wonderful memories with them.

However...

"Yukimura Teruhiko, you are under arrest. For the murder of Sakura Airi."

Unfortunately, that isn't the case for this group of friends.

The atmosphere became even deeper as a mixture of both fear and shock spiral around the three. No words can describe how they truly feel inside.

"Huh... W-what are you talking about?!"

But one remained unfazed, unchanged amidst this. His expression is still calm and collective, a great difference from the person who is in front of him.

"You are quite surprised, Keisei. You really thought that you were in the clear?"

"How... did you know...?"

Unable to say anything else that could help him, he resigned to keep the front up. For the first time since that day, he gave up hiding the true mystery.

"I can't believe..."

"Keisei...?"

His friends all but froze in place from the shock and confusion they felt inside them. All they could say was the name of their fri-- no, the name of the person who killed their precious friend.

"The day I visited Sakura's room, back 5 days ago, we noticed a weird yet familiar smell in the dorm room. But it was more prominent in the bathroom, specifically in the toilet."

From his pocket, he brought out a white test tube, similar to what Yukimura saw earlier in the cafe. This all but made him even more shocked and confused.

"WP-1X. A substance created with artificial, man-made elements. Programmable, it can literally do anything as long as it is told so. That can be duplicating cells, rebuilding and repairing cells, and even destroying cells inside any living being. With that information, you could probably know where this is going, right?."

He opened the cap of the test tube that he was holding. He also opened the cup of his coffee and added the contents to it.

"Wait! Wha-"

Before he can even say anything, Yukimura just saw Ayanokouji drink the coffee.

"Why did he drink that?!" Akito shouted.

"He added it and still drank it..." Haruka muttered.

After thinking for a short while, she immediately looked at Ayanokouji when she realized something was off.

"That cashier from the cafe earlier, she is your..."

"Hehe~ That's me!"

Appearing out of nowhere from a tree nearby, still, in her work uniform, Ichika showed herself to the four. Skipping on her way to them, she started explaining.