Case 1.3

April 5th, 2016

Evening

"So this is the place, huh."

In front of the detective lies the center of the case he is trying to solve. It is in the second-year dormitories on the upper floors. In there lies the dorm room of the deceased Airi Sakura.

Covered with black and yellow tape around the door, it is safe to say that students have been trying to avoid this room since the incident.

However, that didn't stop him as he went ahead and opened the lock of the door.

"It smells like blood."

"Yeah, no kidding, Ichika."

Behind the detective was Ichika who was peeking at the gruesome scene that the two saw.

There was the same black and yellow tape all over the place. They continued to walk inside and turned on the lights.

"Oh my."

Ichika muttered as she saw the outline of the body on the carpet that was in the middle of the room. Blood is seen on the carpet, some are also found on the bed beside it.

"The victim is said to be lying flat on her face when the police first found her. As soon as they took her in, they saw a gaping hole in her heart." The detective explained.

The detective started walking around the room, looking for something that could give them a clue.

"The windows are locked, senpai." Ichika said as she tried opening the locked windows.

"I see." He said while going through the entrance of the dorm room, "The police said they have to barge in the room because the door was locked."

"Is there anything else that was found aside from her?"

"Apparently so."

He took the brown folder he was holding the entire time. He opened it and laid all the pictures out on a table.

"It seems that she was carrying a mug because they saw broken pieces of it near her." He said.

"But that is the only thing that was out of the ordinary. Well, except for the bathroom, I don't know what happened there." Ichika added.

"The bathroom? Let me check there as well."

"Senpai! You shouldn--"

Before Ichika can even finish, Ayanokouji went inside the bathroom of the dorm room. There wasn't anything he found that was out of the ordinary except for...

"What the hell is this smell?!"

He immediately went out of there upon smelling the weird scent that filled the space in there.

"Told you, senpai." Ichika said, deadpanning at him.

"Sorry, sorry." He tried to wave it off, "I was just curious."

"Hmmm, speaking of curiosity, is it just me or that smell from the bathroom is somewhat familiar?"

"Familiar? How so?"

"I don't know. I felt like I smelled it before though..."

Ichika started scratching her head as if trying to remember. While she was like that, Ayankouji continued searching around the room.

He checked every single drawer and cabinet. He also checked the storage room. He checked every single corner of the dorm room and yet.

"Still nothing out of the ordinary. It all seems normal."