Case 1.6

April 8th, 2016

Afternoon

It is already after school when Ayanokouji is currently walking to the faculty room. He was closing into his destination when he saw a classmate of his waiting in front of the room.

"Good afternoon, Horikita."

"Hm? Oh, Ayanokouji-kun. Good afternoon to you as well."

"So you are waiting for a teacher?"

"Yes. I need to ask Chabashira-sensei for some clarifications about our upcoming test this Tuesday."

"I see."

Ayanokouji quietly leaned over the wall that is in front of the room and waited for the teacher he wanted to speak to.

...

They continued waiting but the weight that is in the silence between the two is heavily felt.

The two tried to pull themselves together but the situation is so awkward that even doing that seems weird.

"Um..." Ayanokouji tried starting a conversation, "Nice short hair. Can I ask what your inspiration is?"

Suzune looked at him with a blunt look, "You really are not good at starting conversations, are you?"

He sighed, "Even though this is a fanfic, I still can't even start a proper one. Is this because of how my character is built?"

"Hey, don't start being meta here. Also as for your question, I just actually cut my hair before the school year started."

"Oh, I see. May I ask why you cut your hair?" He asked.

"You're quite the curious type, Ayanokouji-kun."

"I mean if you want me to think that you cut your hair because you broke up with your boyfriend, then yes, I am just that curious."

"Where did you even get the idea that I have a boyfriend in the first place?"

"Out of nowhere. I bet if you introduced yourself well last time, then I wouldn't get that idea, you know?"

"I suppose that is true." She nodded, "Anyway, for that reason, well let us just say, it is a declaration of independence of sorts."

"A declaration of independence... I wonder what happened to you before."

"It is something you don't need to know." She said sternly, "Now then, it's my turn to ask you some questions, Ayanokouji-kun."

"Didn't know there was an exchange here but sure, what is it?"

"I want to ask you about your opinions of this school and the special exams. You seem pretty calm despite being a new student at this school."

"If you went through the things I experienced for the past 4 years of my career, then this is probably nothing." He thought.

"Well, I will be lying if I am not panicking inside. The school seems more complicated than I thought. Not to mention the special exam is something else."

"Have you found a partner for the exam?" She asked.

"I partnered up with a kouhai of mine. She is in Class 1 - A. Knowing my grades, I think we will do decently on the exam." He answered.

"A Class 1 - A student..." She muttered while completely shocked.

It was when Suzune was about to speak when the door of the faculty room opened.