Case 1.5

April 7th, 2016

Evening

"That was tiring."

That is what Ayanokoji said as he lay flat on his bed after a tiring day with the police. While he was able to explain what he saw earlier in the office, the pieces of the puzzle are still missing.

"But I am just too tired to think of that now..."

Arisu who was with him earlier also joins in the conversation, stating her thoughts about the matter. She was the one who introduced the idea of not revealing anything from today.

"Yeah like hell we would be revealing that."

Unless the case is really solved and he has full confidence in knowing what really happened, then this should be top secret for now.

He picked up his phone and opened it to see a lot of notifications. He immediately got up from his bed and dialed the number that had been calling him countless times earlier.

"Hello--?"

"Kiyopon! Where did you go earlier?!"

"Geez, don't yell on the phone. Also sorry for not calling you earlier at lunch."

"Yeah, we were looking for you earlier because you didn't go to the cafeteria earlier."

"I didn't go to lunch earlier because I was called by Arisu to inspect the director's office."

"Oh. Why didn't say so? So what happened there?"

"That's... not possible for now. I will tell you instead after solving Sakura's case."

"I see. If that is the case, I shouldn't ask more about it. But you know, the students are still suspicious about the last director's disappearance so if you are planning to hide it for long..."

"Yeah, I know these students well now. Information can go anywhere these days."

Even if a single slip-up happens, it will cause real panic in the student body, which is something Ayanokouji doesn't want to happen at all.

"So anyway, can you tell me what happened earlier at lunch?"

"Oh right! I and the others decided that we should hang out this Sunday."

"Hangout? Is there a special occasion?"

"If you joining our group is considered a special occasion then yes!"

"So it's for me?"

"You said that you don't know the places here in school yet so this is great as well for that, right?"

"I guess so. Then count me in."

"Great! Anyway, that is all, see you tomorrow!"

"Good night."

Ayanokouji was about to press the end call button when Haruka immediately started speaking.

"Wait Kiyopon! I have something to tell before ending this call."

"Hm? I thought that's all?"

"I thought earlier that I would just tell you this tomorrow but I think telling you now is better."

"What is it then?"

"It's about Airi's last name. It is actually..."

As soon as he heard what Haruka said next, Ayanokouji's eyes widened in shock. He became speechless for a few minutes before...