Calista's Letter

My dearest Genevieve,

     If you are reading this, you're all grown up, and I have passed. I know this will be a hard and troubling time for you but always remember I'm looking down on you, guiding you through the wonders of life with your grandpapa by my side once more. Do you remember the old tales I used to tell you, Genevieve? One of Blackwell women long before us. Seeing as I'm writing this letter, I won't be around for your wedding but that doesn't mean I can't keep the tradition going.     

    For as long as the Blackwell's have lived, the family of the bride would pass down an heirloom, something old. My family gave me my mothers' wedding dress. I would like to pass it down to you, to wear if you'd like. Next was something new. In my wardrobe beside the window, you always used to climb up onto, is a small box. I won't tell you what's in it, that can be a secret between us. And finally, something close to your heart to make your dreams come true. You're probably too old for trinkets now, but I remember as a child you were mesmerized by the music box I bought home from Paris. "Sun goes down, and we are here together."  Well, I'd like you to have it. The key to wind it up is where I've always left it.

    Don't waste your life on my passing Genevieve, when you can explore the world and find love. I'm happy now that I've been reunited with Yarrow and I want you to experience those butterflies and tingles when you meet the needs of the man of your dreams.

I love you, my little wildflower, now and always.

Grandmama Xx