𝕋𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪 𝔽𝕠𝕦𝕣

[Chapter 24 - The Ultimate Revenge]

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Their night out had been wonderful, their last chance to experience freedom before becoming full-time parents. They stayed out all night, too drunk to safely apparate home and instead, seeking refuge in a local bed and breakfast. That was all well and good; except for when Genevieve woke up.

Lifting the covers and climbing out of bed, Genevieve rubbed the sleep from her eyes when a wave of uneasiness fell over her, leaning against the side table for support. Letting her eyes adjust to her surroundings, the witch only now realised she was only in her underwear, dress half hanging off the bedpost along with Severus' shirt and belt.

"What on earth did we do last night?" she thought, tiptoeing around the bed when the floorboard below her made a loud creek!

Shooting her head up to see if she'd woken her partner, she let out a sigh of relief when the man continued to snore peacefully, turning onto his side. Geneive stood unmoving for a moment, admiring the picture in front of her. They'd come so far, from foes to lovers, and she couldn't imagine a life without him.

When the pain returned to her temples, the witch groaned and shuffled to the ensuite.

"Vodka, more like a draught of living death." Turning on the tap, she splashed the cool water against her face, relishing its temperature.

Grabbing the face cloth provided off the shelf beside the sink, Genevieve patted her face dry, also removing makeup still left on her face. As she did this, she couldn't help but stare at the mirror, at the bags under her eyes and stress lines running across her forehead. This was not the woman Severus fell in love with.

Though before she could find any more flaws, a wave of wave nausea came over her, darting to the toilet and regurgitating her manly liquid stomach contents. The alcohol burned her throat as she coughed, slightly embarrassed when she felt Severus' hand hold back her hair as she vomited. Once finished, she graciously accepted the glass of water from his hand, swishing it around her mouth and spitting it out.

"Sorry for waking you," Genevive apologised, sitting down on the bed.

"You didn't wake me, I was up already this morning, told the housekeeper we wouldn't be at breakfast seeing as it was our honeymoon," he stated casually, slipping back under the covers.

Picking her jaw off the floor, Genevieve spluttered out," Honeymoon!?"

"Well, I don't think you brought any extra muggle money either, so I had to tell a little lie, and it worked," Severus declared with a smile, resting his head on Genevieve's shoulder.

"I'll let you away with that one then, only because she seems like a lovely lady," Genevieve added, snuggling against him.

Though in one swift move, Severus was on top of the witch, leaning down as he spoke," You'll let me away with it?"