𝕋𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪 𝕊𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟

[Chapter 27 - The Preposal]

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

In the weeks after the arrival of the newest Snape-Blackwell clan member, Genevieve and Severus were on top of their heads. Between nursery renovations and Primrose's unique sleep schedule, the pair hadn't had any time to think. Seeing how much the new parents were struggling to keep life balanced, Albus had to step in and help.

At the end of the week, Albus was in an unusually good mood, tipping off Minerva's alarm bells. Once she saw the headmaster creeping out of the kitchens just after dinner, she snuck up behind him and put on her notorious 'teacher' stare.

"Albus! Just who I was looking for,"

The man in question jumped in surprise, fumbling with his hands as he attempted to hide something behind his robes. Turning around, Albus plastered a not at all suspicious smile onto his face.

"Really?" he asked with a nervous laugh," And what can I do for you?"

"Oh, I just wanted to remind you I left the reports on your desk," McGonagall elucidated with an obvious tone, peering over his shoulder to get a glimpse of the cube.

"Reports, of course," Albus bluffed as he tried to move away from the fruit bowl painting," What reports? My head's a bit flustered at the moment,"

Minerva recognised the white lie immediately.

"Flustered indeed," she thought but decided to play into his game to potentially obtain information about the contents of the elusive box.

"The term reports," she replied.

"The term reports, the reports- Oh yes, how could I have forgotten?" Albus joked," Anyway, I must be off, I have to deliver this to Professor Blackwell,"

"Well, maybe I could do it for you, seeing as you're so flustered?" Minerva offered, reaching to take the velvet box, but Albus drew away.

"No, no,  I'll do it besides, I need the exercise".

The pair fell into silence as McGonagall followed behind the headmaster, looking out for any cracks in the mask he was wearing. She studied him, catching notice of the cheeky grin forming at the corner of his mouth as they reached the Grand Staircase.

"Albus, you better not be meddling again," she said, sending him a disapproving glare.

"Me, meddle? Never!" he lied, eventually letting her in on his master plan, "Alright maybe a little bit, but trust me, this will be brilliant,"

Shaking her head, Minerva replied," You said that last time and look what happened,"

"In my defence, Severus hadn't exactly made the greatest of first impression on Genevieve so, he needed a little push in the right direction,"