𝔽 𝕚𝕧𝕖

[Chapter 5 - The New Bearings]

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Play video when told in chapter

The next morning was quite peculiar for Genevieve. Naturally, at breakfast ( when Gen actually gets up on time), all the staff members are chatting and gossiping to each other but not today. The dining hall was dead silent as Genevieve entered making her sceptical.

She sat down carefully, scanning the teachers before putting some food her plate. Every once in awhile as she looked up they would turn their heads as if hiding something.

'Very strange' she thought, biting into a croissant.

McGonagall, who was sitting across from Genevieve, was consistently nudging Flitwick, urging him to speak. At this stage, he'd already spilt some tea and had crumbs everywhere. So she took it upon herself to speak for him.

"Filius was just telling me how much work he has now, isn't that right Filius?"

He nodded back taking a bite out of some toast as to avoid speaking.

"Yes teaching every day, and the school choir on top of that its just too much." she exclaimed, putting on some dramatics.

"Really, well we must lighten that load for you Professor" Dumbledore pitched into the conversation.

"Yes, we must" McGonagall replied eyeing Genevieve who has kept her head down through the entire conversation.

"Hmm, Genevieve you were an excellent singer in school as I recall" she implied.

"Oh no I don't sing anymore" Genevieve tried to get herself out of the limelight.

"Yes, even I remember your debut at the Christmas Carroll service in your fourth year." Dumbledore agreed.

"Well, that's settled then. Genevieve can take over as Choir mistress."McGonagall clapped her hands together with joy.

"But I.." before she could proceed the bell rang signalling first classes.

The teacher's congratulated her as they walked out leaving her there gobsmacked on what just happened

"Don't worry you'll be great" McGonagall patted her back and headed off to classes.

"Yeah, great" she sighed to herself before gathering her bags and coat and heading up the grand staircase to her classroom.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Choir practice began after the final bell in the great hall, so Genevive had to dash down multiple flights of stairs, already late, trying to get some last-minute paperwork done.

She stood at the door, contemplating her life decisions, straighten out her hat before making her way inside. The students were very quiet making Genevieve even more nervous.

"Hello everyone, My name is Professor Blackwell and I'm going to be your new Choir Mistress." she addressed them walking around as she talked. To get herself familiar with their voices she asked them to sing some notes for her.

"Now can you please sing the note C for me alto's, um mezzo's a note above that and soprano's above that ok. I'll play it on the piano first."

She made her way over to the piano hands shaking as she played the notes C, E and G. Let's just say the sound of the choir was bearable.

"Ok stop. Where are all the alto's?"

A mixture of hand we're raised all over the steps.

"Can all alto's move to the left, Mezzo's in the middle and Soprano's on the right. After some shuffling about the choir was in a respectable state.

"Now, what songs have you done so far."

The students looked at her like she had three heads.

"Ok repeat after me: Ari- adi- amus la te
Ari- adi- amus da"

Now the students sounded amazing and were even shocked by how they sounded.

"See that wasn't so hard. It's amazing what some silly words can do." she congratulated them.

Genevieve handed out some sheets of paper around before making her way back to the piano.

"Ready. One, two, three" she started to play the intro counting them in and helping along the way.

(play video now)

"Ari- adi- amus la te Ari- adi- amus da
Ari a natus la-te adua

A-ra-va-re-tu-e-va-te
A-ra-va-re-tu-e-va-te la te a

Ari- adi- amus la te Ari- adi- amus da
Ari a natus la-te adua

A-ra-va-re-tu-e-va-te
A-ra-va-re-tu-e-va-te-la-te-a

A-na-ma-na-coo-le-ra-we
A-na-ma-na-coo-le-ra-we-ah-ka-la
Ah-ya-doo-way-ye (soprano's)
A-na-ma-na-coo-le-ra-we-ah-ka-la
Ah-ya-doo-way-ye (soprano's)
Ah-ya-doo-way-ye
Ah-ya-doo-way-ye"

"And again" Genevieve encouraged the students. She enchanted the piano to play itself as she instructed each voice on what to do.

"Ari- adi- amus la te Ari- adi- amus da
Ari a natus la-te adua
A-ra-va-re-tu-e-va-te
A-ra-va-re-tu-e-va-te-la-te-a

A-na-ma-na-coo-le-ra-we
A-na-ma-na-coo-le-ra-we-ah-ka-la (We-ah-ka-la)
Ah-ya-doo-way-ye(soprano's)
A-na-ma-na-coo-le-ra-we-ah-ka-la
Ah-ya-doo-way-ye(soprano's)
A-ya-doo-a-ye
A-ya-doo-a-ye"

Up in a far off room, the man of shadows lay by the open window, fire whisky in hand, drowning his sorrows in liquor and the melodious sound that echoed through the castle originating at the Great Hall.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Ok don't hate me there wasn't a lot of genxsev in this chapter but it's all building up to the next chapter which will be Halloween related.
( I Hope now that I've said that I'm able to acc make it good but I'll try)

Can I just have a moment to thank my self for 2 possible 3 chapters in one week ;););)

Peace out bruh :)

Original song