𝕋𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪 𝔼𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥

[Chapter 28 - The Reclaiming Job]

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

After the engagement, Genevieve was unable to remove the smile that laced her face. Never in her wildest dreams did she think she would be marrying the love of her life, mother to a beautiful baby girl: everything was perfect. A few weeks had passed, and the wedding preparations had sprung up on the couple.

Determined to get a headstart on the arrangements of the day, Genevieve awoke at the crack of dawn. Just as she was about to hop out of bed, a pair of burly arms pulled her back under the covers like a giant teddy bear.

"Sev!" Genevieve giggled, pretending to fight his hold.

"Rosie's still asleep, it's the weekend, all is good in the world, my darling wife-to-be, so sleep," he countered, tickling the witch as she squirmed under the duvet.

Shifting so she was sitting up, Genevieve spoke with a pragmatic voice," We have a wedding to prepare for, in case you've forgotten,"

Severus switched their positions, turning over so that his body was above her own, "How could I forget? I'm marrying the most beautiful, stubborn woman in the world,"

Severus barely had time to duck when Genevieve flung a pillow aimed at his head. Flashing him a cheeky smile, the witch made a sneaky run for freedom, but alas, she wasn't quick enough as Severus trapped her beneath him.

"You know, like a witch from an upper-class family, I expected you to have more manners, "

"Well, maybe you ought to teach me some?" Genevieve replied suggestively, fluttering her eyelashes.

Smirking to himself, Severus hovered delicately above her face, teasing the witch by kissing her forehead, then reaching her lips. Yet a faint cry from the other room stopped them in their tracks. The pair groaned loudly, with Severus dropping his head into the pillow as their daughter woke. Genevieve shook her head at his antics, heading into the other room to check on baby Primrose.

While Genevieve planned to make the most of the morning, the young family ended up cuddling under the blankets, smiling and giggling and Rosie's baby babble, putting the wedding planning at the back of their minds.

~*~*~*~*~*~

After breakfast had finished, Genevieve began to make up the wedding invitations. Severus had to take a trip to Diagon Alley (super top secret) and decided to bring Primrose with him, leaving the witch with some time to kill. Popping on a Fiction Factory record, Genevieve summoned her prize stationary and began writing out the wedding invitations.

The first few flew by, Minerva, Albus, most of the Hogwarts staff, Vivianne, one of Sev's old schoolmates. Time seemed to fly by until she reached her parents. This was one letter she had put off writing for so long, unable to form a string of words. This was the moment she had dreamed of her entire life. Though she knew better, Genevieve secretly clung to the hope that one day, her parents would acknowledge her success and be happy for her, be happy with her. Walking down the aisle, hand in hand with her father. Picking out her wedding dress with her mother and sister, who were just as excited as she was.