ℕ𝕚𝕟𝕖𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟

[Chapter 19 - The Glares and Consequences]

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Ever since learning about Severus' dark secret, both he and Genevive had grown distant, reverting back to their old ways of bickering and childish altercations. The everyday tasks were just another way to take a dig at each other.

On this particular morning, Genevieve had slept in, only having, give or take, four minutes to get ready and be down at the Great Hall.

"Bugger, bugger, bugger, bloody bugger!" Genevive cursed, wrestling with her trousers.

Already ten minutes behind, she didn't even bother trying to style the rat's nest that was her hair, instead, plopping on the nearest hat from her coat rack.

Grabbing her wand off the side table, Genevive dashed out the door, flicking her wand to shut the painting behind her.

Nearly sprinting down the staircase, she arrived outside the large oak doors at exactly half-past nine.

"Sorry I'm late, seems to have become a bad habit of mine." Genevive apologised, sitting down in the open seat between Pomona and Filius.

The rest of the professors brushed her off, handing down the basket of croissants to the younger witch. Though she was chatting with Professor Sprout, Genevieve could feel a pair of eyes burning glares through the back of her head.

Lo and behold, she was right, a certain brooding man itching to make a comment. Just as Genevieve began to pour herself a cup of tea, Severus made his presence known.

"Professor Blackwell, a word."

Irritated that after their weeks he decided to speak to her, Genevieve curtly responded, "If you have something to say, Severus, you can say it in front of everyone, I've got nothing to hide."

"I'd rather not share, so if you could join me outside-" Severus clenched his jaw, visibly angered though the witch ignored this as she butted in.

"Well, I am in the middle of something-"Genevieve was cut off.

"Now! If you don't mind."

The entire hall was silent at Severus rise in tone, Genevive glaring intently at her antagonist, rising sweetly from the table, "Excuse me Pomona, I won't be a moment."

The pair walked briskly out of the hall and down to the nearby courtyard. Let's just say Genevieve was fuming.

"What do you think you're doing?" Severus accused her.