𝕊𝕚𝕩𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟

[Chapter 16 - The Real First Date]

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Severus was dashing around the castle, trying to find the picnic basket he'd left on the bench beside the kitchens. He was determined to impress Genevieve this evening, mostly to make up for his horrid behaviour and to show how much he cared for her. Everything had to be perfect for a romantic evening.

So as he ran around in a daze, he failed to notice that the basket was underneath the blanket he thrown on top of it.

The next task was the food. The house-elves were more than happy to prepare an array of sandwiches and confectionaries once they found out it was for Genevieve. Ever since their argument, the pair had become as thick as thieves, always by the others side.

Their moods had also improved, Severus gave out fewer detentions and his snarky backlash was replaced by minuscule comments. Genevieve was back to her usual cheerful attitude, with the odd cheeky remark. In all, everything was peachy between the love birds.

Now that food was checked off the list, Severus started on the venue. He had picked an isolated corner of the Black Lake, surrounded by a wall of flowers with a magnificent view of the sunset over the lake, all he had to do was decorate it. But how? He wasn't used to doing things like these. A solution soon dawned on him, though he didn't like it, he wanted everything to be perfect for Genevieve.

Severus begrudgingly headed back into the castle, making his way to the first floor, waiting patiently outside the transfiguration classroom for the lesson to finish. Soon enough, children began to file out of the class, allowing Severus to make his way to Professor McGonagall.

"Severus, what a pleasant surprise." she greeted him, wiping the remaining chalk off the blackboard.

"Forgive me for not exchanging merriments Minerva, but I'm in need for your assistance," As he sat down on the corner of her desk, Minerva quickly finished what she was doing, rushing over to her chair, waiting eagerly for Severus to continue.

"Really? And how can I be of assistance?" Minerva inquired, eager to know if it had anything to do with a certain lady.

"Well, I would benefit from a woman's touch for an area I need to decorate."

"I see, and would this decorating be for someone special" she teased, grinning as Severus' cheeks darkened multiple shades.

Recovering from the embarrassment, he leaned in, making sure no one was listening in to their conversation," Genevieve has been my rock lately and after everything I've put her through, I just want this evening to be flawless."

"Oh don't worry yourself about silly things like that, it will all work out in the end." Minerva placed a reassuring hand on his shoulder, "Now, let's go decorate."