𝕊𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟

[Chapter 17 - The Confrentation]

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

After having the most blissful week, Genevieve couldn't help but feel guilty, seeing as she had done nothing for Severus. He had gotten her flowers, brought her on the most splendid picnics, yet she hadn't even given him a gift.

So with today being a Saturday, Genevieve woke up at the crack of dawn, ready to head into Hogsmeade to pick up something special for her knight in billowing black robes.

The weather had taken a swift turn from the sunny spells during the week, shifting colder and darker. Grabbing one of her heavier cloaks of the coat stand, Genevive quickly put it on, using a quick spell to sort out the mess that was her hair.

All in around ten minutes, the witch was ready to go, with her favourite wide-brimmed hat sat proudly on her head. Though before she went, she had to make a quick call into the staff room.

Heading out of the teacher's wing, Genevieve began her journey down to the staff room, in a world of her own. Before she could stop herself, Genevive landed flat on her arse. Now, this was becoming a nuisance.

"Genevieve my dear, what on earth are you doing on the floor?"

"Sorry, Rolanda, it seems to be becoming a bit of a habit of mine." Genevive graciously took her helping hand, straightening her cloak and hat as she steadied her feet.

"So what's got you all in a rush anyway? Is it for a certain someone?" Madam Hooch teased, pushing her shoulder in a playful manner.

"I guess you'll never know, "

With a cheeky smirk on her face, Genevieve left Rolanda in a state of shock, continuing her journey to the teacher's lounge. In a matter of minutes, she was outside the door, opening it just to find the person she was looking for sitting down in the corner.

"Genevieve, what a pleasant surprise, " Minerva greeted the witch, placing the book she was reading off to the side.

"I'm sorry to burden you on your day off, but would you mind covering my afternoon classes? I want to find something nice for Severus but I'm not sure how long that will take."

Genevive began to ramble, pacing up and down the room as she babbled nonsense. She was stressing herself out, wanting whatever she git him to be perfect, just like he had been with her. Though her worrying stop when she felt a hand rest upon her shoulder.

Turning around, Minerva guided the conflicted woman over towards a free table. As she spoke, she placed both of Genevieve's hands within her own, " There's no need to fret, whatever you pick out will bring Severus joy because it's from you."

The younger witch blushed at the compliment as Minerva continued, " In all the years I've taught and worked alongside Severus, I've never seen him as cheerful and optimistic as he is with you. You've given him hope, Genevive, relit a flame within him that had lain dormant for decades. Severus is very lucky to have you, Genevive."