Chapter 23

Newt watched at Jett clung onto him when the first lightning struck. Everyone in the room jolted up slightly. Stevenson looked around nervously before nodding at Teresa.

"Make sure all of your people are inside, it sounds like we are here for awhile."

Teresa didn't object, she nodded and scurried around to make sure her group made it all inside.

Jett didn't let go of Newt and Newt was almost positive he didn't want her to. More lightning blinded everyone and soon everyone grew uneasy.

"Watch it kid." Josephine whispered to Teresa. "Any false moves and we will gun you down."

"Josephine." Stevenson warned and she rolled her eyes. "But she has a point, Josephine and I will watch everyone down here."

"Stevenson?" Newt spoke up. "Can Jett and I speak with Teresa in private? Or upstairs?"

Stevenson looked at Teresa cautiously. "Alright but make it quick."

Newt grabbed Teresa by her forearm and took her upstairs, Jett trailed behind, keeping her hand on a gun.

"Explain more elaborately please." Newt ordered.

Teresa explained herself, why she did why she did. She kept her eyes glued on Newt as she spoke. She told him about watching many people die during the beginning of the flare and wanting to be apart of WICKED. Her feelings towards Thomas and Aris. Newt's jaw hit hell.

"Can you give us a second?"

"Sure." Teresa and Jett said in sync the sharing an angry glance.

"Uh, Jett?" Newt asked. "Can we talk?"

Teresa nodded in reply and walked back downstairs.

"How are you holding up?" Newt asked.

"I'm weirded out." Jett spoke honestly.

Newt laughed softly, watching Jett carefully. "As am I. I thought I'd never see her again."

"She wants us to go with them." Jett said.

"I know."

"We can't."

"I know."

"We need to find my sister and everyone else."

"I know."

"Say something other then 'I know' Newt."

"I'm sorry, I'm just shocked." Newt said in awe.

"Trust me, I am as well." Jett hesitantly wrapped her arms around Newt's waist and hugged him

Newt liked it, Newt liked it a lot.