Chapter 30

~Flash Back~

Jett picked at the sand and blood under her nails, wondering how she ended up here. She poured the last bit of water she had o to her sleeve and began to scrub all the dry blood off of her. She didn't know if it was her blood or not. She lived in a world where it could be her sister's blood, her blood or an enemy's blood.

A silence fell over the deserted wasteland as the killer sun began to set. Kelsey slept soundly in the back seat of the car in which they set up camp. Kelsey's small and fragile face began to settle as the darkness surrounded them, she was at peace.

When the blood was off of Jett, she leant back into her seat and watched the nothingness around her. How could anybody be so numb? She was like a frostbite that didn't hurt...she was indescribable. Jett started to dusty car and began to pull out of the old store parking lot that they had raised the hour before.

She would not cry.

Not now.

Kelsey stirred in the backseat when Jett aimlessly hit a bump on the deserted road. This caused Jett to drive slowly and soundlessly, so her little sister would not wake up.

"Damn." She mumbled, moving her hands off the steering wheel and stopping the car. She hopped out of the car and took out the binoculars from the pack she kept on the passenger seat.

She clenched her eyes together and looked into the glasses, spotting a lonesome crank in the distance.

This did not scare her. She waited in the car for them, her gun loaded and filled with amo. Her shot was rusty but it would save her. Jett needed to feel something, agony of the sort to know she wasn't dead.

As the crank neared, she lowered herself into her seat and made sure Kelsey was hidden under a blanket. She held her gun up to the window and waited.

The shuffling outside made her hold her breath, her face had gone red. The door swung open and she held her gun to the head of a human.

"Hold it missy." A man yelled.

"Worthless crank." She spat, causing Kelsey to wake up.

"No ma'am, all human here." The man said in defence.

She looked at the man closely, making out his figures in the moonlight.

"Put any weapons on the ground." She demanded and the man did as told.

"My name is Stevenson darling, I won't hurt you." He attempted but Jett would not have it.

"Jett." She mumbled. "This is Kelsey."

Stevenson nodded. "Pleasure to meet you all."

"All the same."

"I have an offer." Stevenson began immediately. "I come from a group, perhaps twenty of us. We have children, teenagers and adults."

Jett's eyes beamed with disbelief. "No one has survived the flare in such a big group."

"We have." Stevenson declared. "And I'd like to take you girls to a home."

A/N: PLEASE READ! I really appreciate all the comments guys! My other Newt fanfiction (Poison) has reached 71K reads which is incredible. My selection fanfiction (Darling) is also almost at 3K which means the world to me. I'm thinking about perhaps writing a Star Wars fanfic but I'm not sure yet. But anyways, thank you so much for the support!