Chapter 32

When Jett was younger, her and Kelsey would climb onto the garage roof and watch the stars until their mom or dad would tell them it's tins for bed. Usually, Jett would explain which constellation was which until Kelsey could remember them all and tell Jett them instead.

As a teenager, Jett didn't have many friends. Her mother was a doctor who worked long hours and her dad worked as a store manager for a shoe store. Jett had the intelligence of her mother, which is why she enjoyed going to school and learning but she also had to optimistic personality of her father.

The only thing Jett could think of as she ran up to the doors was Kelsey. Kelsey. Kelsey.

"We will stay back." Josephine nodded, placing a hand on Jett's shoulder.

"You say that building in the distance?" Newt pointed. "We will stay in that klunk of a thing." He turned to Jett and brought her into his arms. "Be careful."

"I should say the same to you." She rested her forehead on his. "I always seem to be saving your ass."

Newt pressed a loving kiss on her lips, shutting his eyes tight. If something horrible was to happen, he just wanted to show her how much he adored her.

"Alright lovebirds, let's go." Josephine grumbled, walking away from the gates of Denver.

Radar grabbed Jett's hand as the police of Denver came to scan them. Jett had to explain cautiously that they are just looking for people and they will be out momentarily. In agreement to this statement, a policeman would have to follow them.

"Hayden Argent, you'll be going with them."

"Yes sir."

"Alright, let's go then." Jett said to the group of men surrounding them. "How are supposed to leave if you are standing in our way."

"Watch it girl." Someone said, causing Jett to roll her eyes.

Hayden, Jett and Radar began walking down the streets of Denver. It was oddly peaceful, oddly quiet and oddly clean. Her hand stayed wrapped around her best friends as they continued to walk.

"This process could hurry up-" Radar paused to turn to Hayden. "If you could help us."

Hayden was the definition of perfect, olive skin. His eyes looked like polished emeralds and his hair was darker than Jett's. "It depends."

"Sid, Gina, Kelsey, Cali and Simon, any of those ring a bell?" Jett questioned.

"I'll search them up on my scanner." He nodded, pulling out a heavy looking piece of metal. "Adalyn Street, third apartment on the left."

Jett let out a huge gasp, one she didn't know she had been holding in. She took off in a running sprint, desperate to find her sister. Radar and Hayden followed close behind, Haden shouting which way to go. When she came to the street name, her knees became weak.

a/n: I really appreciate the comments and support I'm getting with this so thank you so much! I'm thinking about writing a Star Wars fanfic and I need opinions on if it's a good idea or not.